$36 Fill up, thats a first
Yeah im riding to work every day now, busa cheaper to run than a clubsport. And i only live 5 mins from work !!

Every dollar helps
Try running a bus (omnibus- not 'busa)
costs me $450 a week MORE than it did in January!
As I set my prices at the start of the financial year, this comes straight out of my pocket. "much crying, but still buying"

Cant imagine how the guys running fleets must be feeling.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Just wanted to add a little something for the diesel drivers - I make my own Bio diesel from cooking oil ( WVO ) and its costing me about $0.12 CPL to make ( when i get time )

its something you guys should look into ....

Boc
Hayabusa , If your not on one , your behind one .....
Ozboc Wrote:Just wanted to add a little something for the diesel drivers - I make my own Bio diesel from cooking oil ( WVO ) and its costing me about $0.12 CPL to make ( when i get time )

its something you guys should look into ....

Boc

I have a mate who does something like that, he's got a 60 series landcruiser with a small heating element in the tank(I think) to stop the old cooking oil from solidifying.

My old man is part of the "grey nomad" caravan set, and there are a few of them (not him)towing their vans around oz, -from fish and chip shop to fish and chip shop. (cheap as chips!)
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Ward P Wrote:
Ozboc Wrote:

My old man is part of the "grey nomad" caravan set, and there are a few of them (not him)towing their vans around oz, -from fish and chip shop to fish and chip shop. (cheap as chips!)

Oh I see, they'll be the ones doing 75kph on the highways towing their caravans!Coffee

No wonder they go so slowly!

MaxAustralia2HayabusaAustralia2
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
yep enjoy burning it while you can still afford to, with all the rest of the developing world wanting it and the carbon tax still to be added, prices are unlikely to get cheaper ever again.
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
Spot on Bunkle..........carbon tax = +10 cents/litre Eek

And all in a country that only produces 2% of global warming, still.....we like to think of ourselves as the do gooders of the world, might as well be the first...even if it stuffs our economy..Frown
Never ride the A model of anything.
The Days of MAD MAX are Coming Scary
I just saw on the news that the price of oil went up US$11 overnight.

I find it amazing that whenever oil goes up so does the price at the bowser, but if oil goes down the bowser price does not.

Oil hit US$135 / barrel last week or so, fuel went as high as $1.67 / L. Since then oil has been down around the US$123 / barrel but fuel stayed up there.
Now that oil has hit a new record high of US$139/barrel overnight, the bowser price will rise again.

Think back to when the major issues started in the Middle East. I remember oil DOUBLING to US$40 / barrell, & at that time the bowser price went up from about $0.55 /L to AU$1.00 / L.
Now oil is more than 3 times what it was then but the peak bowser price (when compared to back then) has not even doubled.
So who was making all the money back then???? When comparing with today's prices, & the "production cost" obviously back then $1/L was well in excess of the actual cost + margin.

When you look at historical prices of almost anything.
Take the cost of flights. They haven't really gone up very much in the last 18 odd yrs.
I travelled extensively in the early 90's. Recently I re-calculated the travel cost of what I did then in today's prices. The flight portions were different, but not by that much.
When you take into account the costs of wages, fuel, company overheads, etc have all risen considerably in the last 18yrs, the increase in the flight costs was minimal.
So we can only assume that the airlines have not been passing on all of these increased costs, & they are still announcing record profits.
So how much money were they making 20yrs ago.????
The mind boggles.............
When this thread started.... Volvi was paying less for hi-octane premium fuel than we are paying today for the Ethanol 10 garbage they're trying to tell us is 'good stuff". What a load of absolute crap. I currently have a 155km round trip to work and these are the figures I get (based on the cars consumption computer) - 3 fills of each type of fuel used to gain figures.

E10 - 9.8 litres per 100 km
Normal ULP - 9.3 litres per 100 km
Premium ULP - 8.7 litres per 100 km
Ultimate - 8.6 km per 100 litres.

Price per km, the Premium ULP (with no Ethanol) is by far the best. Saves me money and delivers much better power.

Remember... Ethanol has LESS THAN HALF the joules/energy of standard unleaded fuel. So a fill with 10% ethanol is like a 95% fill at 100% cost. Its a rip off. Plus, it damages components and absorbs water. If you allow the tank to get near empty, you'll experience the surges and spluttering caused by the water content.

This weekend (June long weekend) E10 is 168.8 cents per litre near my home. Standard unleaded is 172.6 cpl. Singapore (shipped) price... errr... 96.3 cpl for 91 octane standard unleaded. That's a shipped and landed price. Fuel parity pricing is no longer required. Taxing fuel again after adding in the GST is not fair. But then again... how will we generate those enormous budget surplus figures and prop up the incompetent state governments if these taxes cease? Oh... I know... we'll just have to reduce the speed limits and install more cameras - for the good of the public of course.

Fuel price watching... what a joke. Talk about arrogant, incompetent and 'out of touch'.
Heres dreamin of the days when I filled my beloved HQ Monaro LS Coupe V8 308 for $4.96 for a full tank, and that held 80 Liters. What year you ask? 1975. Oh and I think I netted $110. a week those days. Try comparing to todays average wage for 80 Litres, and whilst your doing that cigs were 90 odd cents (may have been 20's or 25's) for Winfields say times 7 = $6.30. Today $12 average times 7 = $84 a week.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
Well I guess it's welcome to the great Australian Price Gouge, where we have ringside seats.

As everything goes up, except wages, crime will also go up. However crime will not be committed so much as to get something for free but rather to support oneself or ones family.

Do not hold your breath on government halting or regulating the Great Australian Price Gouge, as the more we are gouged, the more the government earn in it's coffers.

Step 1 is to demolish the federation. There are too many fingers in the pie, all of them corrupt and incompetent.
Here is guts of an email I got a few days ago. Essentially boycott BP for 6 months, when their profits timble, they have to drop their price to attract customers. When they get customers, then others have to drop to match.

Our pollies keep trying to ram free trade down our throats, but free trade only works when there are no monopolies (or oligolpolies to be more precise). That is, not one organisation is big enough to control the market. At present, we don't have that....

LET'S JUST DO IT ! ! !

THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' PETROL FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET PETROL BACK DOWN TO $1.00 PER Litre....hopefully

This was originally sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. If you are tired of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this winter, take time to read this PLEASE.

Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea. This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day' campaign that was going around last April or May! It's worth your consideration. Join the resistance!!!! We are going to hit $ 2.00 a litre and it might go higher!! Want petrol prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to 'hurt' ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.

BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can Really work. Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking petrol priced at about $1.10 is cheap. It is currently $1.43 for regular unleaded.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a liter of gas is CHEAP at $1.50, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace...not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their petrol! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying petrol. But we CAN have an impact on petrol prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from BP AUST the biggest price up driver company. If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of BP Aust petrol buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 20 people. If each of us send it to at least ten more (20 x 10 = 200) .. And those 200 send it to at least ten more (200 x 10 = 2000 ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over TWO MILLION consumers.
If those two million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 20 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... TWO HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all! I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you!
Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO BELOW THE $1.10 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK. Simple – send the message along to others and do not buy petrol from BPAust.
And while you are at it, stop buying from Coles and Woolworths, and start buying from ALDI and the local stores. We get our meat and produce from Minchinbury and the rest from ALDI. The meat at the local meat shop is 1/2 the price and twice the quality of the Woolworths/Coles selection.

As far as the oil companies are concerned, they are known as the seven sisters. There was a book written about them called the 7 sisters (BP, Shell, Mobil, Caltex, Texaco, Esso, and Gulf) It is very much in the vein of something that Nader would have written. eg BP are the most agressive in pricing, Mobil are the most agressive in exploration. The above is an interesting idea and is much better than having fuel free days. The issue is getting everybody on the same page, and the oil companies know this.