Gen II LHS fairing
G'day Guys,

I had a phone call from "Rock" today. He is in need of help with the LHS fairing on his LTD K8. Sounds like one of the tabs didn't slot in properly when the fairing was last put on and has now come loose - and has maybe damaged another tab??.
Unfortunately I haven't taken the LHS off and couldn't be of any major help over the phone. If anyone can give advice & tips towards removal / re-installation it would be appreciated. Is the LHS much different to RHS removal?
I'm going to drop into his place this friday to see if I can help. If any WA members are available on friday, 9:30 - 10:00 in Rockingham area I'm sure Rock would appreciate your help.
BTW, I'm posting this up for him as his PC is on the blink.

Cheers
Troy
Photobucket

Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Bump
Photobucket

Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.
(08-09-2009, 07:21pm)Leviathan Wrote: G'day Guys,

I had a phone call from "Rock" today. He is in need of help with the LHS fairing on his LTD K8. Sounds like one of the tabs didn't slot in properly when the fairing was last put on and has now come loose - and has maybe damaged another tab??.
Unfortunately I haven't taken the LHS off and couldn't be of any major help over the phone. If anyone can give advice & tips towards removal / re-installation it would be appreciated. Is the LHS much different to RHS removal?
I'm going to drop into his place this friday to see if I can help. If any WA members are available on friday, 9:30 - 10:00 in Rockingham area I'm sure Rock would appreciate your help.

Cheers
Troy

There is nothing special about the LHS, it comes off the same as the RHS.
The trickiest bit is pulling the fairing pin out of the air intake ram tube Ya think the fairing is stuck and are scared of breaking something but it just comes off Confused
Isn't it Ironic that my Favourite Stretch of Tarmac is called C.O.P. Eek
(10-09-2009, 11:11pm)CarbonBusa Wrote:
(08-09-2009, 07:21pm)Leviathan Wrote: G'day Guys,

Cheers
Troy

There is nothing special about the LHS, it comes off the same as the RHS.
The trickiest bit is pulling the fairing pin out of the air intake ram tube Ya think the fairing is stuck and are scared of breaking something but it just comes off Confused
Buy some Devcon 2 Part "Plastic Welder" to beef up the plastic spigot mounts where they join the fairing & grease the guts of all rubber grummets. Suzuki's design engineers couldn't afford an extra 1/2 gram of plastic.
Just thought I'd mention to the WA gang that Rock & myself consider ourselves competent on this matter now. So if anyone wants some help taking their fairings off just drop us a line. The biggest PITA was getting to the clips that hold the side & nose sections together.
Photobucket