2006 ZX-14 vs. Hayabusa Review
Quote:The only problem was they only had a red/black 1 in stock and I had to wait a week for my Copper bus to come in because the red/black sucked big time IMHO. (only ever owned 1 red bike and it was jinxed, a Kwacker no less, GPZ 1100)

shame ,shame ,shame darryl thats close to treason buddyboy

Pan .Busgo did you see what he said Regards Rob

never argue with a fool he will just drag you down to his level and he will beat you with experienceEdited by: bandit17172 at: 19/7/06 2:21 pm
The Hayabusa is gorgeous and the Kwaka is bloody ugly. This is a no contest! A bike must be fast, handle well and look beautiful - Busa wins!
I still love my busa, were married and no divorce in the offering. But I was suprised to see that the ZX14 ie in real life in the showroom appeared to be well finished which is not something one ever really expected from kawa, like the zx12 which frankly is horribly finished. Most negative comments I have heard was the front view of its lights, but same was with busa when it first came out. I havent ridden the bike yet but intend to soon when Brighton kawas unit becomes a demo in a week or so. Owner asked me if he could bring bike to one of our meets so others can try it out. May do so one day. Of course I know he wants to drum up sales and who better then amongst busa owners who like hyper bikes. No matter how good my test ride will be Im still committed to my busa maybe an almost 7 yr relationship has something to do with that, but Im not afraid to compliment another makes bike if duly deserved. So far my only critic against the zx is that they held back the torque to 5000 revs. They shouldnt have done that, its a hyper bike so let it be what its designed to be.

I would have thought Suzuki would be releasing the major update for 07, rumours has it that it will be the 08 model. Perhaps suzi wants the extra time for post zx14 with a busa spectaculor. I think then tho they may hurt themselves giving the zx a full year and a half to establish themselves. Either way all remains to be seen, good times still ahead for the hyper sports, it didnt end in 99.
Quote:Copper bus to come in because the red/black sucked big time
Good stuff Darryl
Astro and not as many points on my licence as yours

Cheers Robert
Aren't all 'busas Copper, the others are just all poor slow copies !!!!!
simmo....

Can't you just hear the red/black brigade circling the wagons ? (Yes... I know that doesn't make sense...)

Waiter ! More Popcorn ! The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob
I'm with Blackzook.

Still can't imagine the day when a kawa 14 passes me down a long straight?

But! Bring it on...............

It's about time something knocked the of it's soapbox.

Seriously though. I'm with Max. Give me 18 grand and I'd buy a Black/Grey Busa tomorrow. (And keep my current bike as the ever day commuter)

Back to you guys...

Cheers, Phil. Riding not Talking

I think a busa with a pipe will always beat a zx14 on the street.Equivalent power and a lower centre of gravity.The 14 has the potential to be quicker but only if slammed.If they fit a tre they will just lift earlier as with a full system.Roll ons may be a different story from 3rd gear on If a 14 is modded the same as a busa.I bought a busa for the very good base package,7 years worth of aftermarket development and blingability.To this day they still command respect more than any honda did. Glenn the Spa Man
Quote:I bought a busa for the very good base package,
and then you spend mega $$$ to make it a good bike?
Quote:To this day they still command respect more than any honda did.
An equal rider on a blade would wipe the floor with you on a busa,and on a track,well forget it.

Its not the phantom anymore,its the urban assault legend!
yeah aways ready to shit stir hey rocket but where were u when we had coffee tonight?
that's when u seperate the men from the boys...!
Cheers,
Pete

zweb@zweb.com.au

Z Web World
Mobile Dj, Web Design, Photography, Bullshit Artist!
+ 1 Max - for all the figures and times planted front & centre for me was low down torque and responsiveness in addition to what is on offer up top.

Mark.
...until we hit the twisties up the Reefton, bla bla bla...

"sometimes crime does pay"
Quote:Still can't imagine the day when a kawa 14 passes me down a long straight?

Bring it on. I know I'l be ready to kick it back a gear and show that 14 what the busa is about. Anyday

P.S. Better go and ride one so i can live up to my statement
Hey Pan,Its just the same to me as
Quote:You will never pass me on a straight
blah blah blah
Its not the phantom anymore,its the urban assault legend!
Rocket what are you still doing here?Last time i checked this was a forum for hayabusa Owners.Those that no longer own hayabusas and choose to bag them should be relegated to registered guests.We know their are better bikes for certain applications,the busa is just better than most as an all round package.I spent money to improve the bike in a small area of its applications(trackdays).In case you forgot i spent a shitload on my honda to improve it for the same application and no,I don,t want a f*&^ing sportsbike for the road,thats why i bought a busa.I have a trackbike(r6) and I,ve lapped quicker on the busa already. Glenn the Spa Man
Quote:Those that no longer own hayabusas and choose to bag them should be relegated to registered guests

Hey, it's all just a bit of shit stiring Spaman, be cool. I don't ride own a busa anymore. It doesn't suit me. Does that mean that I (and others) should be "registered as guests"?
As for bagging the bike, Rocket has a few digs and that's all it is. He's a good guy. Just try not to take the bait. Cheers,
Holge
Edited by: Holger the Dane  at: 20/7/06 10:57 am