2006 ZX-14 vs. Hayabusa Review
Interesting read. I think kawa shouldnt have kept the ZX back below 4500.

www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx?ArticleID=3504&Page=1

watch video link on page 1.
come on MR suzuki , wheres the new beast .
If you bother to read the review,
Quote:The design of the Hayabusa has remained relatively unchanged since its introduction in late 1998 for the '99 model year. The bike was met with mixed reviews from the public, due initially to the sheer size of the bike as well as its bulbous aerodynamic bodywork and pointy nose. Once the news of its performance envelope was revealed, it rapidly matured to legendary status on the street. Nothing else could hope to hang with it at the strip, as it was the first production bike capable of running a 9-second quarter-mile. The Hayabusa has been a staple for dealers, as sales have steadily increased year after year, beating the sales number of the previous season since '99. Suzuki says more than 10,000 units were sold in 2005 alone.
This is the reason why suzuki hasnt bothered to change the busa since first induction,if they are selling more units now than ever before,why make a new one?
Its not the phantom anymore,its the urban assault legend!
if you bothered to read the review . It didn't win .
So what,dont you think rider ability has anything to do with it?
Or is it that you dont have "worlds fastest bike" bragging rights anymore?
Its not the phantom anymore,its the urban assault legend!
I amazed that how this Hayabusa andother Hayabusa sites seems to talk about the Kawasaki like there is no other bike even before the 14 came out there was always talk about the Kwaka doing this and the kwaka doing that I think you nailed it Rocket with the bragging rights have been lost to the worlds fastest production bike Cheers Bill

The cured Blingaholic

You wascally wabbit Wocket

Good write up. Well it looks like the bus has been dethroned by a better bike great work Kawasaki.

Personally I dont give a shit I'm happy with mine. Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
+1 Bruce, I rode the fucken thing and though not a Kwacker lover, didn't mind it BUT, and the thing that the rather one sided report didn't say was "The Kawasaki has no useable power under 5grand. Where do we do most of our riding? between 2.5 and maybe 3.5grand." The Kawasaki is without a doubt the fastest bike around. You may also have noticed that I just bought a brand new bike. I had the chance at the current fastest bike on the prody road, but bought a more user friendly, more tractable and Proven motorcycle. A Hayabusa. If we stop long enough to think about how long it took the other faster bike manufacturers to bring out a bike that "flogged" a 7-8 years old me\odel that has had f*** all done to it, by nearly half a second, I think we can still hold our heads up high and congratulate Mr Suzuki for giving us the bike we all love.

I, for one will be waiting to have some peanut on a Zx14 try to flog my black and grey at a traffic light. .

Max - Busas Rock.
Madmax - GSX1300R Black and Grey Buses Rule
Good Bike, Good Woman, Good Road, Good Weather, Good God - Good Bye!
Smith and Wesson - The original point and click interface.
Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.
LOL me too mate I been a practicing my launches Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
I think the 2 bikes are closer than that comparison would like you to think.
Well, I read it. Congratulations Mr. K, well done. However, don't go buying bulk loads of polish for that crown - I doubt you'll hang onto it for long.

Does that comparo pave the way for the ZX14 at the expense of the Busa ? Does it make the ZX14 a more desirable mount ? In my very humble opinion, no... it actually does the opposite.

Lets remember people - the Busa has had new challengers thrown at it for 7 years. That includes two prior serious attempts by the Big K that fell well short, as well as others. In every stoush in those 7 years, the Busa was a CLEAR winner. As in... Busa....... daylight..... wannabe contender.

Finally on its third attempt, Kawasaki produces a bike that is a BARE winner. Yes, it won - but there was so little in it, its actually a credit to Suzuki's engineering. Especially when it comes to rideability and handling in the real world.

The rumour mill says the 07 Busa will be another minor upgrade. So be it. BUT.... considering theres sooooo little between the Busa and the ZX14, wouldn't it be a total blast if the 07 upgrade had just enough tweaking to grab the crown back. (hint hint Mr S). Wouldn't it be a laugh if Suzuki bettered the ZX14 without having to resort to a total upgrade and launch of a new model ?

Beef up the brakes and tweak up the donk for a couple more HP out of the box.... its totally do-able. Totally.

Mr S has had a couple of months to contemplate and implement these 'minor changes'. Can't wait to see if this is just an evil pipe dream... or becomes a reality.

The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob
I like it - I like it a lot but it doesn’t make me want to trade the Busa in just yet.

I have owned a few kwackers over the years and even traded a ZZR1100 (which I loved) on the Busa.

My initial thoughts on my Busa test ride was that better finished bikes came outta the Kawsaki factory but when I hit the freeway and cranked the throttle on the Busa my grin went from ear to ear and I could not get my cash out of the bank quick enough. (or the smile off my face)
The only problem was they only had a red/black 1 in stock and I had to wait a week for my Copper bus to come in because the red/black sucked big time IMHO. (only ever owned 1 red bike and it was jinxed, a Kwacker no less, GPZ 1100)

So for me it will always be the Busa unless I win lotto, then I will have both

Cheers
Darryl
Edited by: Darryl  at: 19/7/06 12:36 pm
The Bus is still an alround together looking bike.
It's design aspects all compliment each other.
Sorry the Kwaka doesn't.
I don't think any of us purely bought a Hayabusa for top speed or quarter mile times.
It's a lot more than that.

The legend continues regardless of a half a second or whatever.

Haven't read the review yet...

Personally I reckon Busa riders have very good judgement of what a great alround bike is...
!

Cheers,
Pete

zweb@zweb.com.au

Z Web World
Mobile Dj, Web Design, Photography, Bullshit Artist!Edited by: Djpete  at: 19/7/06 1:07 pm
... this is me quietly waiting for pan and the rest of the red/black brigade to read and respond to selected portions of the previous post.

That will be quickly followed by simmo sticking a boot in on behalf of the copper/bronze brigade (with the loose possibility of an assist from Volvi and possibly Dee).

The blue/silver brigade are advised to stock up on popcorn.

The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob