Small / micro video camera's
The Go Pro cam is a great bit of kit, we use them at work, very versatile and very robust.

Oh, and Hi all newbie first post from the West.
(05-08-2010, 07:00pm)CeeJay07 Wrote: Timmy O Tool posted some footage from his camera and Simmo has posted footage from his.....do a search and you'll find a few.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnK842VRV0g

This is a cheap camera $17 delivered, its good for a bit of fun the battery life is not very good it OK for the drags because you can recharge it between runs but its hard to tell if your recording or not, if you want something that lasts go for a better one,
Got pulled up by HWP today.

I asked, "Why did you pull me over?"

Cop: "Well, what's that on your helmet?'

Me: "A camera..."

Cop: "You can't have anything on your helmet that compromises the integrity of the helmet, mate."

Me: "I don't think it compromises the integrity of the helmet."

Cop: "Is it stuck on there?"

Me: "No, it comes off."

Cop: "Well, how is it fixed on there?"

Me: "With 3M double-sided tape, so if I did come off the bike, the camera would just rip straight off. It's not glued on or bolted on, or anything..."

He RBT'ed me, then let me go. He was good about it; I wasn't doing anything wrong and he could see that I hadn't altered the structural integrity of the helmet in any way. Kudos to him, for being reasonable!

SOOOOO, I have all of that on video and if any other copper tries to book me for having a helmet cam I'll be going to Court, showing the video and saying, "I'm being told different things by different Police Officers, Your Honour! - Who am I supposed to listen to, when they can't even be consistent???"
"casting dispersions on others credability." And their illiteracy.
im lucky, no cops ever noticed my camera, even when its on the tank looking directly at me speedo
100000kms in 23 months, not too bad
Just ordered myself 2 Go-Pro HD Motorsport Hero packs. I figured with the dollar at 91.5 US cents, now's as good a time as any. Now, where's that Fed-Ex van????
(10-08-2010, 04:53pm)highwaybruiser Wrote: Just ordered myself 2 Go-Pro HD Motorsport Hero packs. I figured with the dollar at 91.5 US cents, now's as good a time as any. Now, where's that Fed-Ex van????
Ha! I got mine at 86 cents.Pi_tongue

I got the Helmet Hero and then added the suction cup mount. (I wanted the headband mount.)
(10-08-2010, 07:44pm)Rainbow7 Wrote: Ha! I got mine at 86 cents.Pi_tongue
Dude, do you understand how the whole exchange rate thing works?? I hate to rub it in, but I got the better deal.Trophy
(10-08-2010, 10:39pm)highwaybruiser Wrote:
Dude, do you understand how the whole exchange rate thing works?? I hate to rub it in, but I got the better deal.Trophy
I know. I was being facetious. (Doesn't come over too well in writing, does it?)
you had to order the suction cup mount? the version i got came with one
(11-08-2010, 08:22am)Timmy_0_T00l Wrote: you had to order the suction cup mount? the version i got came with one
Suction cup mount doesn't come with the Helmet Hero kit.
if you dont mind me asking how much did the helmet hero kit cost?
(11-08-2010, 12:34am)Rainbow7 Wrote:
(10-08-2010, 10:39pm)highwaybruiser Wrote:
I know. I was being facetious. (Doesn't come over too well in writing, does it?)

Yeah, an inherent problem with texting and forums. I was actually considering buying when the dollar was running at about 92-93c but I hesitated then it went to the low-mid 80's, so I held off. I saw the exchange rate on the news the other night, and decided to splurge.
(11-08-2010, 04:03pm)Timmy_0_T00l Wrote: if you dont mind me asking how much did the helmet hero kit cost?

US$299

The Helmet Hero and the Motorsport Hero kits are the same price, they just have different mounting solutions.

http://www.goprocamera.com/
(06-08-2010, 09:39am)Timmy_0_T00l Wrote: i use a GoPro Wide mounted to the side of my bike, here a link to the video quality
http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...?tid=15396

Great stable shots (would be better if the horizon was straight-but that is getting picky Pi_tongue)

The sound is great from this, no wind noise, just the great sound of the motor. With videos I've done I've had to run an external mic under the seat. Technology has come so far in the last few years.
I hope someone brings one to Tathra this year.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Yeah Ward,

there will be a few (myself included) bringing some form of vid. to Tathra this year....Pi_thumbsup
so we should be able to get some gr8 action footage (everyone Very Happy for the camera, please)

Coolsmiley