blitz waterworks road
(04-04-2010, 07:45pm)Macbusa Wrote: short rear guard comes under the Anti hooning laws... WTF is this state coming to !!!!

Loosing a bike for a modified rear guard.... down right disgrace.

yep f****d up ,

is nsw the same, time to change my lic and address to my 2nd house

its amazing i can go to any night club at the age of 42 and buy any type of drug, yet it seems a mod on my bike is of a far more concern then the above mentioned

this country has gone mad

my house was broken in by a 3 males and one female known repeat drug and break and enter offenders,witnessed and identified by next door neighbor and identified by their and number plate (dumb fucks had their car parked outside registered in their own name, carrying my home contents out to their car) yet coppers did not lay charges because they did not have finger prints, my wife was 8 months pregnant at the time and walked in on them , i lost the plot in the local police station when they told me they would not press charges because it would not stick(to hard), due to no finger prints i said to acting desk sergeant , if your wife had walked in on them being 8 months peg what would you do

he turned the screen and showed me where they lived

you know we left that house 8 Months later due to me working night shift and she would not stay at home by herself, even though we are now divorced,we have shared care week on week off she still gets new hubby to go into the house first

fuckin great legal system we have here, a mud guard seems more important then violent criminal activity

as camel said soft target
i better clarify something

at 42 i have never tried any type of drug, and in a night club i would look so far out of place its not funny but i am told i could buy whatever i wanted....

i recently had a painting contract to renovate a local night club and i asked one of the part owners how many of his patrons would be under the influence of a chemical substance he estimated 70 to 80%

he said its simple scale of economies 20 tablet lasting all night v's an 9 dollar single glass of bourbon and coke

just like when i took my other half for a day trip,we got asked 4 times in 2 blocks by 4 different people did we want drugs and actually shown what they had

yet i am more at risk of being nabbed for a non compliant under tail then these drug pushersIdiot2

yes it was in nibinLol3

guess i am getting of track here

can anyone here tell me if these anti hoon laws which effect us are oz wide or just qld ?
i think a smart person would look up the anti hooning laws and read them (areas that apply to us motorbike riders)... that way you would know where you stand...

We can't change them but maybe we can be smart about the whole thing and have a better understanding of them?
Regards
Grant
(Townsville, QLD)

www.stickersuperstore.com.au (for your sticker and sign needs)

Smitten 03 with a hair dryer - slammed and stretched (stealth mode engaged)
Just to clarify, If you shorten or remove your rear guard, keeping the 45 degree angle from the rear axel in mind, you would have to fit a hugger. If you don't, and it would be a stretch, it could be considered an illegal modification. However, before any anti hoon legislation can be invoked, you would have to be summonsed to Court. Otherwise, it is a simple defect ticket.

As for the rear indicators, ARS's state that there must be a minimum of 300 milimeters between indicators. I hav'nt seen any pics of Mia's bike, so I don't know what was attached, however, check the width of the number plate, I think they are about 185mm, so, if your indicators are just either side, or if you have the UFO style like Rod, then what measuring would you need to do.

As for the cage drivers on the phone...... I have a question for you, have you ever been fishing?...............Do you catch all the fish!
Sorry, that was supposed to be ADR's, system wouldnt allow edit.
Cheers,
Terry
(04-04-2010, 10:47pm)Diablo Wrote: Just to clarify, If you shorten or remove your rear guard, keeping the 45 degree angle from the rear axel in mind, you would have to fit a hugger. If you don't, and it would be a stretch, it could be considered an illegal modification. However, before any anti hoon legislation can be invoked, you would have to be summonsed to Court. Otherwise, it is a simple defect ticket.

As for the rear indicators, ARS's state that there must be a minimum of 300 milimeters between indicators. I hav'nt seen any pics of Mia's bike, so I don't know what was attached, however, check the width of the number plate, I think they are about 185mm, so, if your indicators are just either side, or if you have the UFO style like Rod, then what measuring would you need to do.

As for the cage drivers on the phone...... I have a question for you, have you ever been fishing?...............Do you catch all the fish!

[color=#0000CD]Vicroads guidelines allow us 230mm between indicators................... sounds like lucky us!![/color]
(04-04-2010, 05:35pm)Missy_Moo Wrote: ok, this I wasn't aware of...

Fender eliminators, on the K8's. Removing the stock fender and putting in the fender eliminator is classified as illegal modification?

Yep, have a mate who was given a summons to court for this instead of a defect notice. First offence. His name is Fred and is known to several people on this board.

(04-04-2010, 05:47pm)Madmax Wrote: Sounds like Brisvegas is a town to stay clear of.

F'oath. I don't know about your state/territory but some of our coppers are pretty nasty. And that's coming from someone who worked for the QPS as a public servant.
Licence Back!
(04-04-2010, 10:47pm)Diablo Wrote: Just to clarify, If you shorten or remove your rear guard, keeping the 45 degree angle from the rear axel in mind, you would have to fit a hugger. If you don't, and it would be a stretch, it could be considered an illegal modification. However, before any anti hoon legislation can be invoked, you would have to be summonsed to Court. Otherwise, it is a simple defect ticket.

....that's some gr8 advice, thanks Diablo !!! ClapPi_thumbsupClap
can anyone here tell me if these anti hoon laws which effect us are oz wide or just qld ?
(05-04-2010, 04:58am)mia06 Wrote: can anyone here tell me if these anti hoon laws which effect us are oz wide or just qld ?

most states have them but each state would have there own set of guide lines
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
(05-04-2010, 05:10am)ROD Wrote:
(05-04-2010, 04:58am)mia06 Wrote: can anyone here tell me if these anti hoon laws which effect us are oz wide or just qld ?

most states have them but each state would have there own set of guide lines

off to work lets see if i get done again todaY
(04-04-2010, 05:47pm)Madmax Wrote:

Fender eliminators, on the K8's. Removing the stock fender and putting in the fender eliminator is classified as illegal modification?

If you vary the distance the indicators are from the centerline of the bike and their visibility from the rear and sides you have altered the Australian Design Regs which apply to all aspects of the machine. [color=#0000CD] Sounds like Brisvegas is a town to stay clear of.

[/color

Its turning into a shithole I tell ya!!!!!
Diablo thanks for the clarification as is / was much needed. Pi_thumbsup
What I had been told by a well known bike solicitor was basically that if you stand at side of bike and take the centre line of wheel as 12 oclock then the rear of body/guard should be 10 oclock (or 2 oclock depending on what side your viewing from) He also went on to say that if you back the bike up to a wall the body of the bike must contact the wall before the rear tyre does.
It would probably help the cause if there was a clear basic publication of the rules and regs re the common mods. I know ADR's are in place but the interpretation of them in the way they are written many times can be confusing to say the least.
Modifications are here to stay as it's part of what makes us all individuals and the aftermarket zillion dollar market confirms that.
Sadly one would have to add here that my own observations would certianly indicate that public safety and irresponsible actions are no longer the motivation for bookings / penalty notices being handed out. Have no problem with a man doing his job ............. but a "fair suck of the sav" Wtf would go a long way towards public relations in my eyes, and have no doubt would benefit all parties involved.
Just buy yourself an old Indian.

Next door neighbours has one!Biker (actually he has several)

1200 chief. 1930's vintage
No blinkers at all, straight through pipes and noisy as hell.
He loves going past the cops and reving it, and it is "scary noisy"
They cannot defect the bike because that is how the bike came out.

my bike is completely stock. It may be boring to look at, and quiet to ride, but when I get picked on by the cops, if I wasn't anything wrong I can be as cheeky as shit because there is abosolutely nothing they can get me for.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
(05-04-2010, 12:43am)TimF Wrote:

Yep, have a mate who was given a summons to court for this instead of a defect notice. First offence. His name is Fred and is known to several people on this board.

(04-04-2010, 05:47pm)Madmax Wrote: Sounds like Brisvegas is a town to stay clear of.

F'oath. I don't know about your state/territory but some of our coppers are pretty nasty. And that's coming from someone who worked for the QPS as a public servant.

yes i know fred he rides the early r1,tim what was the result of his court appearance?
After market pipes ?

"What the Police must prove - Vehicle Impoundment-Additional Motorbike Offences
The Police need not prove anything to impound your vehicle. To invoke the power to impound your vehicle, all that is required of a Police Officer is to charge you with one of the following:
(1) A motorbike noise direction offence;
(2) A motorbike noise order offence."

http://pottslawyers.com.au/web/page/QLD_...E_OFFENCES