A couple of things I want to change, HELP Pleeeeze
Side stand engine kill , is that an easy fix, I don't want it...

And Im a left hand amputee, and I need to flip the clutch assy vertical for use, It works fine but there are two wires going to clutch assy, and flipping the assy vertical has put them in a stressed condition, what do they do...

And I assume nobody here has modded the bike to put indicators and high beam on the right, but maybe someone knows someone else..On my 1100R it was just a case of switching clusters, not so easy on this bike as the throttle assy is integral to the housing...

Shawn

Hey mate,

You will need to check to see if the switch on the side stand is normally open or closed, Meaning, when the side stand is down, does it make a circuit or break a circuit. Once you have done that, you can either bridge or disconnect the wires. The one on the clutch lever, is another safety device which stops you starting the bike with out the clutch being applied. Same goes for this switch too, either bridge or disconnect. I would try the disconnect option first, as its' safer. If when disconnected you get the same result as no clutch applied, then you will have to bridge those too!! Hope this helps!!

Simon
Busa Greavett Wrote:Hey mate,

You will need to check to see if the switch on the side stand is normally open or closed, Meaning, when the side stand is down, does it make a circuit or break a circuit. Once you have done that, you can either bridge or disconnect the wires. The one on the clutch lever, is another safety device which stops you starting the bike with out the clutch being applied. Same goes for this switch too, either bridge or disconnect. I would try the disconnect option first, as its' safer. If when disconnected you get the same result as no clutch applied, then you will have to bridge those too!! Hope this helps!!

Simon

Thanks Simon, I was hoping that the clutch wires were just a safety switch, they are in my way, with the mods I need to do...

Cheers

s
Clutch switch activates "safer" fuel and ign maps and a lower rev limit, normally how much power do you need with the clutch in.????
you could use it like that with no probs it will just make less power than std.
alt you could get someone with a reflasher to change the clutch in maps to something like 5th gear specs, which would give you the same performance as anyone with a TRE fitted
Maj Wrote:Clutch switch activates "safer" fuel and ign maps and a lower rev limit, normally how much power do you need with the clutch in.????
you could use it like that with no probs it will just make less power than std.
alt you could get someone with a reflasher to change the clutch in maps to something like 5th gear specs, which would give you the same performance as anyone with a TRE fitted

Maj, sorry I dont understand your answer/advise , please consider that the last bike I owned, the most complicated electronics on it were the indicators.

LOL

s
There is a guy in W.A who does vehicle conversions (including bikes) for people with spinal and other injuries and impairments. I cant think of the name of him but I am pretty sure he has ties with the Perth Street Bike (PSB) Club and the Making a Difference Ride (MAD Ride).

Check out the PSB forum for more info and he may be able to offer you some advice. If you cant find him, send me a PM and I will try.

Also suggest posting some pic up of the lever in the desired position so we can see what you mean.

Good Luck.
There is no strong performance without a little fanaticism in the performer
horndog Wrote:There is a guy in W.A who does vehicle conversions (including bikes) for people with spinal and other injuries and impairments. I cant think of the name of him but I am pretty sure he has ties with the Perth Street Bike (PSB) Club and the Making a Difference Ride (MAD Ride).

Check out the PSB forum for more info and he may be able to offer you some advice. If you cant find him, send me a PM and I will try.

Also suggest posting some pic up of the lever in the desired position so we can see what you mean.

Good Luck.

Ill do that, tomorrow, so you guys can see what Im talking about...
Thanks

S
Info about the ign maps here
http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/inde...4715.0;all
Heres pic with lever in roughly the right place, the indicator and high beam, unusable to me ,the rest can stay there, need to go on the right, basically I need to tidy this up a bit too...I can loose the hazards off the right,

Any ideas...Icon_rolleyes

Cheers Shawn

Also have to mod the clutch reservoir with oil intake tail...In the interim its working fine...
Shawn Wrote:Also have to mod the clutch reservoir with oil intake tail...In the interim its working fine...

Good luck with it Shawn, I doff my hat to a man who can ride a motorcycle (especially a busa) with one hand.You're a Champ mate.

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
I see now.... I would think you might be better off with a different master cylinder with a remote reservoir. Brembos are the first ones that come to mind. Looks like if you could twist the lever up anymore you might risk getting air in the master cylinder as it would be the highest point. Where the fluid enters the cylinder.

Check your right hand side switch block there is actually a removable plug where it looks like a indicator switch may fit. The manual actually shows a switch in place there. I used that spot for my racing kill tether. I will go and have a look inside my switchblock to see if the indicator switch would fit inside. It might take a little bit of stuffing around with some wiring but that would be the easy bit.

Ill go have a closer look. hey the remote reservoir is a bloody good idea too...Wheres a good place to search one out...

Thanks guys...

Shawn

Just had a squiz, no plug..but the hazard light gubbins might be replaceable...
My bike is an 03 model and I just pulled the switch blocks off and had a look. It appears to me that the internals are interchangeable. ie horn, indicators and high low beam on right. Starter and kill switch on left. THe only exception is that you would lose the hbeam flasher button on the front of the block.

My bike doesnt have hazard lights so I am not sure where that is but the 03 ones look like a cinch to swap over.