Michelin pilot powers
arthur dunga Wrote:My tracky has a set of these (PP race) & they seem pretty good.
Rear PP Race tyres here in Melb
100 bucks a pop.
Bargain.
See tyre thread for more info.
They're round, sticky and cheap.
I use em.
Recommended.
kdcvic Wrote:always had bridgies.. 014 on back front and they were destroyed by 2 up riding down the ocean road. (stupid, i know) then went 020 on back. just not sticky enough. was seriously considering pp2c dependant on the informed opinions of others

How could it be possible to even get tyres warm on that piece of shit road, the corners are that f****d the bitumen is falling apart, comming away in chunks and then add the gravel everywhere in the corners its a nightmare. The Vic government should be shot for allowing what once was a good road to fall into that bad a state of disrepair.
[attachment=4036][attachment=4035]I canned these pp race in a thread here some time ago & stand by what i said about them about having no grip in the wet. These new lot are a totally different unit ,seem real good in all conditions.the tyre in the left photo was the shite unit.
mmm the left tyre looks hard as a rock
Looks like an old Mitch. track tyer
Dan85 Wrote:i do alot of commuting evil well i do all of my commuting on the bike its my only transport so my fronts tend to last a while. rears are gone in about 5-6k

I'm with you Dan. I get a maximum 5k out of rear while 7 see the front very worn on the sides and falling into corners. HTF do you guys get such huge mileage out of your tyres?Coolsmiley

MaxAustralia2HayabusaAustralia2
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Norvin Wrote:I hope the attached pictures come out OK, the pair of pilots on my bike made 17,000k against a lowly 5k for the origonal bridgestones but not only where cheaper they gripped much better in all conditions especially in the wet and if the pics come through you can see the limits of lean are not dictated by the tyres
Regards Norvin.

ScaryHorses for courses I guess. I managed to get 11,000 K's out of them and yes achieved the same great lean angles. However, I personaly found them to be very unsure and will be going back to the Brigies for my up and coming set. Will not be going back to the Pilots. Don't like.
piperjon Wrote:Michelin!!!

I've been a Michelin man for along time, even use to work and sell Michelin. I have tried other brands, but always come back to Michelin on my cars.

Now that I'm back on bikes and sure going to use Michelin PP 2ct. I want to make sure I say on the road not go bush. so price or KM's don't really worry me. Reading all the posts about rubber leads me to say that some really push the Busa's and others don't. I come off a Triumph Rocket III to buy a Busa. So it's going to be a test for me to see what I get out of the OEM Bridgestones. I love the way it handles now, so I feel I'll only receive a small number of KM's out of the Bridges.
I have rang around to find out some prices on the Michelin PP 2CT. So far $279.00 up to $310.00. If any body knows where they are a bit cheaper around Sydney way let me know ok.
Take care Guy's
John

Gday PJ I go to great western in bathurst(mark&glenn) I got front for 205 rear for $305 best tyre ive had on a bike(pp2ct) fitted.
Very Happy
Katanaman Wrote:Confused I asked the Suzuki dealer down here in south Oz (Kessner Suzuki) for a price on pilot powers and fitment/balancing, they told me that they would refuse to put em' on as they reckon they'd get into strife with big brother so they offered me Pilot sports, they said they're the rated tyres for a Busa but a little more expensive ($570 + extra for fitting and balancing), (sounds like sale profiteering to me).
So i told em to shove em' up their ass Icon_box_ and i found a tyre dealer more than happy to give me what i want and furthermore recommended pilot power 2ct's ($534 fitted and balanced) as his mate uses em' on his Busa and is happy as a pig in shit Very Happy
Stay upright Action-smiley-083

Hey mate the dealer is correct and the PP are not rated for the busa due to side wall strength, but everyone uses them (i do to) and they are a good tyre. the pilot road is the tyre to go for the rear and pilot power on the front.
busa, love em
I just got 12,000kms out of my Pilot Powers. Back one was getting fairly square & front one had plenty of tread but was starting to look hard & old. Awesome tyres for grip, even scraping the pegs, (only twice!!!) 2 up & with 30kgs on the back.

I just fitted Pilot Sports. Bummer I didn't know about the 2CT's. Next time
is it safe to go over 300kmh on anything else other than a pilot sport hpx.personly i wouldent try it on anything else . as ive seen on the pilot 2cts there only rated to 270kmh
Might be more suited to the strip than street with the Busa/B-King,

but just in case anyone hasnt seen them..............

[Image: power1.jpg]

http://www.michelinpowerone.com/sitepowe...dexen.html
Has anyone tried the power one. (above post)

Think they do a 80% road 20% track
and a 20% road 80% track.

I do bugger all miles these days so I may as well get something sweet and sticky.

I'd be interested in comments on these, or should I be looking at something else. I want something with heaps of grip, and don't really care about milage.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
I dont believe in the 2CT for regular road use (I have them on) My rear is squaring up I reckon next will be a Pilot Road for longgevity

PS above pic of shyte Mich. I reckon thats the old Dragon tyre and yeah nothing to brag about grip with them.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
Tony Nitrous Wrote:Might be more suited to the strip than street with the Busa/B-King,

but just in case anyone hasnt seen them..............

[Image: power1.jpg]

http://www.michelinpowerone.com/sitepowe...dexen.html

Wtf they look like a direct copy of the shinko sports tyre!!