Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
Michelin pilot powers - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Hayabusa Tyres, Wheels & Suspension (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Michelin pilot powers (/showthread.php?tid=10268)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Michelin pilot powers - Norvin - 16-07-2008

[attachment=3411]
[attachment=3412]
I hope the attached pictures come out OK, the pair of pilots on my bike made 17,000k against a lowly 5k for the origonal bridgestones but not only where cheaper they gripped much better in all conditions especially in the wet and if the pics come through you can see the limits of lean are not dictated by the tyres
Regards Norvin.

RE: Michelin pilot powers - piperjon - 17-07-2008

Hay Norvin,

You sure got into a great lean. I'm going to buy a set once the Bridges are stuffed on my white one.
That's a great K'm you received from the Mich's.

Take care ok.
John

RE: Michelin pilot powers - Dan85 - 17-07-2008

17,000kms out of a set of tires? you sure you didnt change between? hmm thats alot of k's might have to give them a go. they the pointy pilot power thingies that are supposed to be super grippy?

RE: Michelin pilot powers - spanner spinner - 17-07-2008

i had pilot power on the front and pilot road on the rear had 16,000 ks on them and still going strong.. sold bike .. more then enough tread to pass rwc.. i am thicking about putting them on the k8 busa when tyres are due

RE: Michelin pilot powers - Louwai - 17-07-2008

I've got a Pilot Road on the rear. Just coming up on 23,000klm.
Am booked in for a change early next mth.

RE: Michelin pilot powers - 1300hayabusa - 18-07-2008

16,000 and 23,000 kms out of one tyre on a busa is a mystery to me????hows it done and what are the regular speeds that these tyres are doing?????

RE: Michelin pilot powers - Dan85 - 18-07-2008

1300 im in the same boat my rear was shreded at 6000km's and the front is farked at 11,000kms.

RE: Michelin pilot powers - busakid08 - 18-07-2008

Dan85 Wrote:1300 im in the same boat my rear was shreded at 6000km's and the front is farked at 11,000kms.

Me thinks they dont ride hard into corners or like a sports bike - you can cruise on a busa and get a shit load of ks on a tire if you try but I ride hard all the time and are a twisties guy so 5-6k is a good set for me. I dont like the pilot road as they are geared towards teh tourer not the squirter and dont have anywhere near the grip the P2Cs have and are a flatter profile. If you are a tourer PR great, if you are a sports rider twisties guy then go the P2C

BK

RE: Michelin pilot powers - Ferg - 18-07-2008

Although I've still got the original Bridgies on the K8, Michelin Pilot Power 2CT were my tyre of choice on my Suzuki SV1000S (2CT meaning regular soft compound in the middle and super soft outer edges). With regular hard riding and some touring as well the rear lasted around 6000kms and the front about 11000kms. So they ended up being pretty expensive. But the grip was spectacular. Drool
I guess tyre wear depends on how you ride - but for me it was worth the extra $$$ to have so much confidence where it counted most for me - the twisty stuff.

RE: Michelin pilot powers - piperjon - 18-07-2008

Michelin!!!

I've been a Michelin man for along time, even use to work and sell Michelin. I have tried other brands, but always come back to Michelin on my cars.

Now that I'm back on bikes and sure going to use Michelin PP 2ct. I want to make sure I say on the road not go bush. so price or KM's don't really worry me. Reading all the posts about rubber leads me to say that some really push the Busa's and others don't. I come off a Triumph Rocket III to buy a Busa. So it's going to be a test for me to see what I get out of the OEM Bridgestones. I love the way it handles now, so I feel I'll only receive a small number of KM's out of the Bridges.
I have rang around to find out some prices on the Michelin PP 2CT. So far $279.00 up to $310.00. If any body knows where they are a bit cheaper around Sydney way let me know ok.
Take care Guy's
John

RE: Michelin pilot powers - Tony Nitrous - 18-07-2008

I like Pilot Powers.

Few of the guy's I ride with don't and give me grief over it.
Don't care. I had a couple of set's on both my Busa's, They are
not some "ultimate" tyre but for an average rider like me they are
a nice predictable good choice. Im happy with them.

Never seen over 5,000k out of a rear but I do piss about a bit
with burnouts and rolling smokey starts.

Anything better would be wasted on me...

RE: Michelin pilot powers - busakid08 - 18-07-2008

Sydney Performance in Miranda did $550 fitted for a set for me PP2C - totally recommend them if you want to go hard into corners.

Folks the PP2C are not anything like the Std PPowers - they are a mid compound in centre and soft on the outside wall - PP are mid compound all over - I have had quite a few people thinking the PP2C are PPowers - differnt compund and differnt way differnt profile - they are also have the biggest lean angle of the street tires avail

BK

RE: Michelin pilot powers - evilRasp - 19-07-2008

busakid08 Wrote:
Dan85 Wrote:1300 im in the same boat my rear was shreded at 6000km's and the front is farked at 11,000kms.

Me thinks they dont ride hard into corners or like a sports bike - you can cruise on a busa and get a shit load of ks on a tire if you try but I ride hard all the time and are a twisties guy so 5-6k is a good set for me. I dont like the pilot road as they are geared towards teh tourer not the squirter and dont have anywhere near the grip the P2Cs have and are a flatter profile. If you are a tourer PR great, if you are a sports rider twisties guy then go the P2C

BK

Getting 11 out of the front! Doing what? Drag racing all day long using gears to slow down? Ghastly

Pi_tongue Just giving cheek. I've found being smooth on the throttle and progressive braking really makes a difference. I've been riding with people who kill tires far quicker than me and yet are far slower than me through the twisties or out of and into the lights. Then again, I have no chicken strips left, maybe I'm just spreading it over the tire Lol2 I seem to run into a lot of 'busa riders who forget that bikes can corner too.

But yes, the 2CT seem to last forever while still giving good cornering ability in most conditions.

RE: Michelin pilot powers - Dan85 - 19-07-2008

i do alot of commuting evil well i do all of my commuting on the bike its my only transport so my fronts tend to last a while. rears are gone in about 5-6k

RE: Michelin pilot powers - Louwai - 19-07-2008

1300hayabusa Wrote:16,000 and 23,000 kms out of one tyre on a busa is a mystery to me????hows it done and what are the regular speeds that these tyres are doing?????

Daily commute in traffic & on the freeway with the occasional blast.
1 or 2 good rides a mth in the mountains. No burnouts.

This is the 2nd rear I've got over 20k out of.
Front averages 11k.