Michelin pilot powers
13,000 oout of a seet of pilot powers???

every tried taking it over 4,000 rpm?

I like the powers but only get 3,500 out of a set.
LOL
Egos; everyone got one
Hi,
Because I'm new to these tyres. Is there a big diff between the two??

PP and PP2CT.

John
Thanks John
2CT have a softer compound sides, the centre is the same, so bottom line suitable for those that do lotsa track or twisty's.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
busakid08 Wrote:Sydney Performance in Miranda did $550 fitted for a set for me PP2C - totally recommend them if you want to go hard into corners.

Folks the PP2C are not anything like the Std PPowers - they are a mid compound in centre and soft on the outside wall - PP are mid compound all over - I have had quite a few people thinking the PP2C are PPowers - differnt compund and differnt way differnt profile - they are also have the biggest lean angle of the street tires avail

BK

I should have read this before I ask Volvi. Thanks for the info anyway.
I really don't know what I'm going to do now just buy the PP's or the PP2CT's. I don't think at this stage I will be doing very hard cornering so i suppose it's the PP's and let me build on that I think.
I push the Busa, but slow down before corners because I'm not use to the power yet. I think once I get use to my Busa and really want to hit corners hard I will for sure change to pp2CT's.
Ok I'll see what goes on hay.
cheers
John
Thanks John
Confused I asked the Suzuki dealer down here in south Oz (Kessner Suzuki) for a price on pilot powers and fitment/balancing, they told me that they would refuse to put em' on as they reckon they'd get into strife with big brother so they offered me Pilot sports, they said they're the rated tyres for a Busa but a little more expensive ($570 + extra for fitting and balancing), (sounds like sale profiteering to me).
So i told em to shove em' up their ass Icon_box_ and i found a tyre dealer more than happy to give me what i want and furthermore recommended pilot power 2ct's ($534 fitted and balanced) as his mate uses em' on his Busa and is happy as a pig in shit Very Happy
Stay upright Action-smiley-083
[Image: hayabusa-5.jpg] [Image: HayabusaLogo-Grey.gif]
H4Y4BU54 Wrote:13,000 oout of a seet of pilot powers???

every tried taking it over 4,000 rpm?

I like the powers but only get 3,500 out of a set.

Never been under 4000- I guess thats what I'm doing Wrong. Norvin.
Norvin Wrote:I hope the attached pictures come out OK, the pair of pilots on my bike made 17,000k against a lowly 5k for the origonal bridgestones but not only where cheaper they gripped much better in all conditions especially in the wet and if the pics come through you can see the limits of lean are not dictated by the tyres
Regards Norvin.

Man,are you sure your suspension works properly??
I have seen busas come out of track days and none of them had scraped sides.
Is your rear shock maybe too soft??

17000k is outstanding..even at touring speeds!
idiots
Egos; everyone got one
Ive used Michelin pilot powers for years but never tried 2ct's. Just replaced front tyre after 12000k. Only get around 5000k out of rear. I ride fairly hard & that front had done 2 ride days at phillip island also. I must say it didnt turn too good (compared to a new tyre) but was still legal.

Most of my road riding is through the twisty's trying to keep up with my mates on 1000's, 1098's, ect, so the tyres get a work out.

Ive been tempted to go for something else but ive had such a good run over the years. Maybe its a case of "better the devil you know"

I love em
My tracky has a set of these (PP race) & they seem pretty good.
I've recently put a Metzler M3 on the rear after doing the last 43,000klm on Pilot Roads.

The M3 has actually been letting go a fair bit. Certainly more than the PR's. I find this strange as the PR's are a touring tyre & the M3's are softer.

I've put it down to me being heavier on the gas, cause my mind is telling me I have a stickier tire on now.
Well I went to replace my back 2CTs (still highly recommend them) but could not find any i nteh country due at the end of next wek apparently - so Iwent for a Bridgestone 016 much against my bias against bridges (hate them with a passion especially after the 015 OEM yeesh what a shit tire) but neede a new tire to test the new AFR system and surprise surprise its not a bad tire in fact quite good I must say. I am currently running a 2CT front and teh new 016 brear together and it seems quite a nice mix - I dont think its as good as a pair of 2CTs really and I think the Michees have a better lean angle for sure but its working ok and I will run the Bridge until both are due again - worth a look as an alternative and will be intersed to see how the milage stacks up
Egos; everyone got one
busakid08 Wrote:idiots

Lol2Lol3
I'd rather be riding my Hayabusa thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my Hayabusa
always had bridgies.. 014 on back front and they were destroyed by 2 up riding down the ocean road. (stupid, i know) then went 020 on back. just not sticky enough. was seriously considering pp2c dependant on the informed opinions of others