protective clothing
My two cents worth,

Draggin are better than jeans but not nearly as good as leather - period.

I was on a ride with one guy who came off wearing draggins and wore his knees down to the kneecaps!

My GF came off (she wasn't going very fast) recently wearing draggins and the Kevlar broke and she has a nice scar on her knee. The injury took 8 weeks to heal. Luckily the material that was fused onto her skin sloughed off (the Dr at emergency thought she may need surgery to remove it). Compare this to her leather jacket which was scuffed but not torn and no body injury.

Needless to say she now wears full leathers.

One of the problems with Draggins is that they are not a tight fit so the kevlar patch is easily moved away from the knee area (and no doubt the upper leg)

Despite this I wear Draggins when I comute to work but I wear knee and shin pads under them just in case. I always wear a leather jacket - no matter how hot. Not just for the abrasion resistance but also for the impact resistance. Any other ride I wear leather and a back protector.

Only when Rossi and Stoner start wearing Draggins and Synthetics on the track will I believe these give similar protection to leather.
well there are now draggin 'skins"

very tight fitting and stretch..

not much movement in them..

but still comfy
Yeah and can only be removed one way

snip snip.....

Thats the only problem with tight clothing... my shears cut through the thickest stuff too.
But hey, the main thing is it, whatever you choose - it works!!!
Go hard, or Go home!