FleaBay brake rotors?
With the Fleabay ones - most of the buttons are very tight - put them in a vice and move the disc about to lose them up a little.
I happened to have been good friends with the owner of Planet Discs for a while there and he explained to me what he does with them, and really thats it and it allows them to float better :)
[Image: nocensorship.gif]
Just a question for those in the know, what sort of issues would you have with these sort of rotors and insurance if they were some sort of factor in an accident??
Are they adr complient??
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
(27-06-2012, 02:59pm)bazman Wrote: You won't be disappointed with the Arashi's, Rob.......we've got lots of members that run them on their busa's, and I haven't heard a bad word about them so far!! Pi_thumbsup

Hey, btw....did you end up ordering those b/lines from pashnit?!? Undecided

Coolsmiley
sure did, great service too!
I am working on a ship at the moment so have used my spare time wisely! My 99 Busa is in bits (pulled it partially apart before I came away). Fairings have been painted and clear coated (copper/silver), rims polished - ready to be picked up. Bought new chain and both sprockets, cush drive blocks, all wheel/drive bearings, tyres, brake discs and pads, ss brake/clutch lines, clutch seal kit, chain guard, helibars (i'm short and fat!), mirrors, seat covers, vent grill mesh, screen. Wifes got the shits with all these parcels arriving in the post! looking forward to spending the cold winter days on leave in my shed with the dog and a slab putting it all together, hopefully? Guess you guys will be the first to know when I get stuck! Bike was pretty neglected so giving it a new life, I hope.

Sounds like it'll be SWEEEEET when you get her back together. Shell feel nice and tight...(Theres one for you Bazman lol).
Sound's like your diong it right Rob . Well done ,You'll get years of enjoyment from it .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
Sounds like a few slabs worth there. Drool It'll feel like a new bike after that.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
(27-06-2012, 03:08pm)RaZ Wrote: With the Fleabay ones - most of the buttons are very tight - put them in a vice and move the disc about to lose them up a little.
I happened to have been good friends with the owner of Planet Discs for a while there and he explained to me what he does with them, and really thats it and it allows them to float better :)

Raz
If you put them in the vice what's the best method to loosen them without f****ing them? I've never tried doing that, but it makes good sense. Rob
(27-06-2012, 05:09pm)CaptainRob Wrote:
(27-06-2012, 02:59pm)bazman Wrote: Hey, btw....did you end up ordering those b/lines from pashnit?!? Undecided

sure did, great service too!
I am working on a ship at the moment so have used my spare time wisely! My 99 Busa is in bits (pulled it partially apart before I came away). Fairings have been painted and clear coated (copper/silver), rims polished - ready to be picked up. Bought new chain and both sprockets, cush drive blocks, all wheel/drive bearings, tyres, brake discs and pads, ss brake/clutch lines, clutch seal kit, chain guard, helibars (i'm short and fat!), mirrors, seat covers, vent grill mesh, screen. Wifes got the shits with all these parcels arriving in the post! looking forward to spending the cold winter days on leave in my shed with the dog and a slab putting it all together, hopefully? Guess you guys will be the first to know when I get stuck! Bike was pretty neglected so giving it a new life, I hope.

WoW Rob, not only is she gonna feel like a brand new bike.....sounds like she's gonna LOOK brand new, too!! Clap

I hope we all get a chance to admire her "in the flesh" at the BB in December!?! Undecided Yes Undecided

Coolsmiley
(27-06-2012, 06:39pm)CaptainRob Wrote:
(27-06-2012, 03:08pm)RaZ Wrote: With the Fleabay ones - most of the buttons are very tight - put them in a vice and move the disc about to lose them up a little.

Raz
If you put them in the vice what's the best method to loosen them without f****ing them? I've never tried doing that, but it makes good sense. Rob

When i watched max at planetdiscs, well he showed me. (Clamp just enough to hold them there or u will clamp the buttons on tighter!! Lol)
all he did was put them in the vice with the vice clamped on to the button holding the carrier to the actual disc, and well... moe the disc around to loosen the button a bit... bit of back and forward type deal like trying to flex the disc.

Then they will float better

[Image: nocensorship.gif]
Just chuck them on they will settle in, you won't be disappointed Smitten