FleaBay brake rotors?
I got some of the cheepies wave rotors from china only because i found out Some one is useing them on a drag bike and if they stop him they will stop me And all good so far
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
which ones, ROD?!?
(25-06-2012, 03:03pm)bazman Wrote: which ones, ROD?!?

rotors
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Think Simmo is the drag (queen) racer in question.
(25-06-2012, 04:05pm)CeeJay07 Wrote: Think Simmo is the drag (queen) racer in question.

Yeh i did not want to mention Names just incase of regulations and crap
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
I had done a comparison on them (on the older Aussie Hayabusa web site) years ago, posting photos along the way. They worked great on the road, on the track, and even after 2 years they were at least as good as the OEM...
(25-06-2012, 05:21pm)pan Wrote: I had done a comparison on them (on the older Aussie Hayabusa web site) years ago, posting photos along the way. They worked great on the road, on the track, and even after 2 years they were at least as good as the OEM...

really does make you wonder where they all come from in the first place, doesn't it!
thanks fellas
(25-06-2012, 05:29pm)CaptainRob Wrote:
(25-06-2012, 05:21pm)pan Wrote: I had done a comparison on them (on the older Aussie Hayabusa web site) years ago, posting photos along the way. They worked great on the road, on the track, and even after 2 years they were at least as good as the OEM...
really does make you wonder where they all come from in the first place, doesn't it!
thanks fellas

The Iron starts in Australia, so they must be good, Had them on both my Busas no problems & work heaps better than the OEM ones & now have on the rear on the R1 front will be next, Biker
Go to the America 2 org, there is a good discussion about the Chinesey wave rotors, one bloke claimed his dad was a metturlagist and tested out certain brands of imported discs, the metal content and apparently claimed they were just as good as the Galfer wave rotors. Took his advice and bought some he recommended from Ebay China site, the whole three for $280, looks awesome, have had no issues with them whatsoever, that is with me at 120kg going through the bends weekly on Putty road. However, I was sure mine were heavier than stock rotors if that makes any difference.
I've got Arashi wave rotors on my gen 1. Have had them on for a couple of years now (over 40,000km's) and no problems. With EBC pads and braided lines the brakes are much better than standard. The disks cost about $200 for the set delivered.
Ring the team at
BGW bike gear warehouse
In sydney
I got my Galfer wave rotors from them @ $132 a disc
As pads they'r extra,i got my braided lines on
-watch out for there specials when u subscribe to
There email's buyers sale prices-very cheap...
As Oem disc's -$490 each front disc wtfScary
Thanks fellas for the good information - I've learned a lot!
Took the punt (for better or worse) and tracked down the Arashi option. Bought fronts and rear for $227 including postage from Mad Hornets (www.madhornets.com). Fast response and service. Let's see what I end up with!
I really do believe that you get what you pay for and I have no doubt that there are far better products. It just nags at me that, sometimes, it's going to be the same (Chinese) product re-packaged and re-priced by some arsehole middle man. This is what I can afford at the moment......
Rob
You won't be disappointed with the Arashi's, Rob.......we've got lots of members that run them on their busa's, and I haven't heard a bad word about them so far!! Pi_thumbsup

Hey, btw....did you end up ordering those b/lines from pashnit?!? Undecided

Coolsmiley