Front sprocket cover fractured = no clutch
An old old old problem from the cheese files rears it's ugly head <i></i>
Book me in for a set mate when you get stock send me a pm and we can sort out the rest. Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
<i></i>
I'm assuming one of these would be needed on a turbo setup .

I'll get on when I get back in 3 weeks time. New Page 1RegardGrantKing of Stealth Blingwww.blingpartsaustralia.com.au<i></i>
Grant as Fasters says, soon as you fit Heavy Duty Springs its a must!

Dont Leave Home with out it!!

Shayne <i></i>
Start machining faster.If the case does flex with stock springs (i couldn,t notice mine yet),surely it would improve clutch feel as well.I think an adjustable leverage ratio master cylinder to customise lever travel/clutch travel would also be a good thing for the drag boys. Glenn the Spa Man<i></i>
They look Great Pete, simple design too...

Glen, Until I can scrounge up the 3d laser mill that we've been looking at getting it would take too much time to do on the waterjet. I do have a mate with a reasonable laser at his disposal but the cost of running that bugger is a lot more than the waterjet (but in ally its about 10 times faster, unless you want to work with material thicker than 10mm, then the lasers, begin to have flash problems and unless you're running a fairly high powered setup running the right nitrogen settings you get huge problems with burring and partial cuts)

CNC milling is the way to go on these, quicker, cheaper and much better finish.

have I bored everyone to death yet?? [<i></i>
Chris, you have email. <i></i>
Thanks all for the responses. The sprocket problem is apparently just as common here in Aus as reported overseas. Suzuki seem to take the view of prove there is a fault, not how can we assist our customers. Bear, I read your email and Suzuki have already said they want the bits. Unfortunately the issue of repair costs is not settled. They will consider it after seeing the bits. The tech had a a couple of possible causes, loose bolts, somehow its my fault etc.. Oh yeah, and not happy the bike went to the nearest possible shop in Hastings who diagnosed the problem inside 20 seconds. Its not an authorised Suzuki dealer. Ever tried pushing a Hayabusa? Especially after its just scared the crap out of you. I tell you, it took a bit of my faith in the beast away... Thanks Chris <i>Edited by: Chrisfrombalnarring at: 7/11/06 16:53
</i>
Pity you can't get the bits back. The item shown above as a cure is OK, but doesn't completely remove flex. Most of the flex is in the large flat section of the cover that is over the final drive. That's a fairly large flat section, and not very thick. The bracket commenly used sort of works OK but you need to do a bit of fitting. First the diameter for the slave cylinder is a bit tight and adjusting that is relatively simple but bear in mind the bolt centres. They move as you grind. Then there's the water pipe to bend (if you're game, and finally the water catch tank. So quite a bit of work and even after that, mine still flexed a bit. You can see the pipe union on the slave cylinder move. So it helps, but whether or not it's the duck's nuts in all cases is .....?
I have heavier springs, so fitted mine, and we'll just have to wait and see.
If you can get the parts back, or if anyone has broken bits that can be re-assembled, I'd gladly pay freight to get the bits!!
hastings.....? NZ? <i></i>
Not sure how or what you did to fit it Bear ............ but they are so simple to fit I don't even charge to do so ?? The water tank fits exactly where it originally did
The flex is in the "NOSE" of the sprocket cover as if you look you will note that the first 2 to 3 inches of the cover has no bolt support and hence allows it to flex. If you are still getting movement in the cover I would check to make sure that the cover is located and seated on it's dowels correctly !
As these brackets have been used for around seven years now both here and around the globe, I don't think there is much question on if they work or not.
Was it you that cut one in half trying to fit it Bear ? and I supplied another free of charge ? From memory I remember someone in the west having a prob fitting one ?
FF1 <i>Edited by: fasterfaster1 at: 8/11/06 7:41
</i>
Hi Pete. I tried PM'ing but it didn't work for some reason...

Can you let me know when the new stock arrive?

Cheers <i></i>
Thanks Pete, and I should have mentioned you supplied a new one that had been adjusted to fit the slave cylinder, and yes it was that one I fitted. I'm not saying they are not a solution, just that they don't look a particularly neat solution to me as an engineer. Mind you, I can't see much in the way of alternatives for an external bracket. Maybe I got a Friday model Bus eh?
The only real solution is a better cover cast up, and that's why I'd like some broken bits to see what can be done. I'm sure if the slave cylinder was really rigid, the clutch action would have a much more defined take up point. My 600 did for sure. So if you have parts laying around, I'd love to have a go at making an alternative which you could sell through FF1 if they worked out OK! I need enough bits to get scanned accurately to set up dril patterns etc. Apart from general thickening, I'd probably make the slave cylinder cast into the cover and sleeve it, a bt simpler. There's not that many bolts holding the cover on, and they are small-ish, so the key is just thickening in areas to stop flex.
But, even after fitting the bracket, I still get some flex, very small, but at the union. And yes, I will double check the bolts to ensure that the whole thing is sitting tight.
Worse thing was when I'd finished and wanted to try it out, the bloody ignition key has decided it's reached it's "use by" date and refused to turn. It's been getting harder and harder to turn so I guess 7 years of swallowing water and muck has finally resulted in a dud. I bet that's not an easy replacement either. <i></i>
Bear there are billet covers out there that act as case protecters and a stronger clutch slave , several versions in the US and one here that includes an outboard bearing for the drag racers concerned with breaking output shafts.
Grant may be able to get some from his sources otherwise
MPE, Wolf racing , RBD in Aust or Schnitz, APE,etc in the US
Example here
secure.mycart.net/catalog...prevnext=1
And i will get a pic of the MPE one when my camera is recharged <i></i>
<i></i>
Thanks all <i>Edited by: Chrisfrombalnarring at: 8/11/06 13:01
</i>