Front sprocket cover fractured = no clutch
Sprocket cover fractured and clutch stopped working = very dodgy moment. Clutch stops working when this happens as clutch slave cylinder is attached to sprocket cover. Clutch setup is stock. 2003 bike 33,000kilometres. As indicator of usual easy life of bike am still on original chain and sprockets with plenty left in both. Suzuki Australia tech says never heard of this issue before. Have any of you? Very interested in other busa riders views or experiences re this issue.........Chris <i>Edited by: Chrisfrombalnarring at: 4/11/06 23:49
</i>
thats a known symtom of this happening to some. thats why there are clutch cover braces or support straps available just to prevent exactly whats happened to you. I dont know much about it as havent experienced it. something perhaps to do with starting and 'backroll' or something to that effect Im sure others here can tell it better then I. You can check on the american site they are very familiar with this symptom. Theyre link is on front page of this forum up top with other links.

am very suprised tho your still on original chain they usually are totally crapped out by 30.000 only coz the oem arnt that good they stretch to buggary. Im on my 2nd chain DID and 33k old and no kinks and no stretch whatsover, I can see it doing another 30k. <i></i>
Yep. Check out a decent replacment part at the link.

scroll down past the basket <i></i>
glen, I wonder how many of us dont have that support strap on and perhaps shud consider one. so the question is do the bling boys here have them or maybe you look into importing them? looks like such a simple item, youd think it cud be produced here for far less. <i></i>
I don't know. I don't run one yet because it hasn't raised it's head. I have an account with them and they have great stuff. Wish list gear mostly. You could definately produce them here for haeaps less. What do you reckon, Matt? Knock some out for us on that super waterjet? I want that billet inner clutch hub. Need to save up for a bit for that. <i>Edited by: glen66&nbsp; at: 4/11/06 23:03
</i>
if you want a PMR one... race proven.. let me know.

New Page 1RegardGrantKing of Stealth Blingwww.blingpartsaustralia.com.au<i></i>
Have been making locally (CNC machined) and running these supports for the past six years.
Failure is caused by flex of sprocket cover as slave cylinder actuates. If you hold cover whilst operating clutch one can feel it flex. If not a must standard, certianly required if one fits heavy duty clutch springs as problem is magnified as spring pressure is increased.

FF1 <i>Edited by: fasterfaster1 at: 5/11/06 6:48
</i>
Quote:Suzuki Australia tech says never heard of this issue before.

Riiiiiiight they say that sort of thing all the time to cover thier asses.

Faster I may send you a PM for details as my cover seems to flex alot, does it come with longer bolts?

Arguing with idiots is like wrestling a pig in the mud, you both get dirty but the pig enjoys it!<i></i>
Faster

A cheap mod. Has to be done.

The End. <i></i>
Quote:certianly required if one fits heavy duty clutch springs

+1 I've got the one that Pete sells no probs here Regards Richard

“Racing is living, everything else is just waiting” <i></i>
Where should i look for the flex? Glenn the Spa Man<i></i>
first get a playboy mag Glen........then you cant miss it. <i></i>
Glen,
Hold your hand against the clutch slave cylinder and pump the clutch lever you'll feel it all right.

Faster how much for chrome plated???? Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
<i></i>
Only do them in the Alloy sorry Bruce ............... but you can polish it and bling it up Kit comes with all spacers and bolts required to fit it.
Sold last two today and expecting more stock soon .......... hopefully
FF1 <i></i>
Let me know when you have stock mate

Arguing with idiots is like wrestling a pig in the mud, you both get dirty but the pig enjoys it!<i></i>