What were you wearing when you had your last off or near miss?
I've had heaps of dirt bike offs and the one thing I learned that keeps youre pieces together is to "Dress for the crash, not the ride". Never really injured myself as I have always maintained this when I dress to ride. Had my first off (high-side) on a right hand corner at some lights. Didn't see the grey wet paint on the road. Was wearing full leathers, boots, gloves, back protector. No injuries and the bike was rideable back home. The other two offs have been at the track where I was wearing the same gear. They were both low-sides and at about 70 and 100 ks. I remember sliding on my ass on the track thinking this is just like when you had your sprinkler on the tarp on the lawn as a kid.
I find it quite unnerving if I get on the bike without full protective gear, sure it might be stinking hot and youre sweating like a pig but the discomfort is worth it, it's insurance against serious injury. I grimace when I see these young chicks on scooters in their skirts and high heels with no gloves or jacket....

Messages In This Thread
RE: What were you wearing when you had your last off or near miss? - by Potts - 09-08-2007, 09:25am