Polsihing Rims
once the wheel is polished, do you paint it with some sort of clear coat or do you just keep polishing the metal for upkeep?
I have been waiting for this :) also had wondered if there was something you could do to help keep them looking shiny :)
still working on em hey. it is shit loads of work. is going to take a fair while till i get them to be exactly as i want them. you can just keep polishing and they get better and better.
mmmm, I am thinking Jamie might be getting a call :) a few hours each rim so like a rim a day is ok by me... but I am not going to spend that much time on it!!
RaZz0R Wrote:mmmm, I am thinking Jamie might be getting a call :) a few hours each rim so like a rim a day is ok by me... but I am not going to spend that much time on it!!

more than a few hours have dissapeared into mine and i am still a ways away from having them how id like them.. probably comes down to personal preference alot as well.
yeah - but like if I started one rim I just wouldn't stop till it was done - even if I was like starting at say 9am & still going at 10pm.

that to me is a full days worth
Did you use steal wool after the sandpaper ? That should reduce scratches before you polish
[Image: bmr.gif]
mybb Wrote:Did you use steal wool after the sandpaper ? That should reduce scratches before you polish

no i havent actually. i have been using 2000 grit wet and dry. that is getting it pretty good.
grab so tooth paste and a brush, that does a good job too.. will give you some idea of what that stuff does to your teeth.. I would choose a nice strong flavour cause it will smell nice while you use it.
[Image: bmr.gif]
I will give it a try on some of the sections i have done tonite...
Buy new ones.
kawasuki Wrote:Buy new ones.

at 2k a set. no thanks. i will be fine with the ones i have..
Yeh,, but. Better handling and performance and + much stronger + BLING. Violin
kawasuki Wrote:Yeh,, but. Better handling and performance and + much stronger + BLING. Violin

yeah there is that. one day maybe..
Tag 13 Wrote:once the wheel is polished, do you paint it with some sort of clear coat or do you just keep polishing the metal for upkeep?

you can spray with a clear coat to protect so you dont have to keep up the work but you want have your nice shinny look if you do
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com