Anyone after a new helmet?
News from my brother in the UK is positive on these helmets, and the solid black is under $300.

If it fits my head, I'll take two for less than the price of one Arai. Just need someone in Sydney to start selling them.
I looked into these helmets today and found that A1 on Nepean Hgwy East Brighton are able to get them in with distributor close by he says. He showed me theyre brochure which shows September 2003 release. GoBikes says the Chrome (with dark tint) comes with a clear visor, which means youd have to pay extra for the reflective visor. Just adding info here.
Ok ,i got to test out the new lid on sunday and am fairly impressed.The wind noise is not too bad,not as good as some helmets i've had and better than some others.The finish and fit was good for my cranium and you certainly get looks from it(or maybe thats the busa?).2 things that were a bit annoying were the vent cover that slides on the front tended to rattle a bit,specially if your head was down a bit and the other thing is the helmet chin part sits about an inch out from your chin which creates a draft on your nose and face,so i guess in winter your visor would not fog easially,but it can be a bit f#*king cold on your face and the vents at the back work well,i could feel the cold air on the back off my skull,shame you cant close themD"> .Overall i'de give it about a 7 out of 10,think it would be a good summer helmet.These few annoyances could be rectified,so yeah,for $340 i'de give it the thumbs up.
mmmm, the black chrome one just does it for me. mmmm
Black Chrome

Volvi - where on the website did it say it came with a clear visor? or did you contact them directly??

cheers,
-jon-
Jon,i think just about all helmets only come with a clear visor,unfortunatly,you gotta pay if you want a tinted one or whatever!
The helmet colour is black chrome, imagine normal chrome but with a black ting through it. It is a really good looking helmet, some wheels are now being made in the same colour. The visor that comes with the helmet is clear.

Regards,

Darren Jeffrey,

Gobike Sales
www.gobike.com.au
www.canberramotorcyclecentre.com.au

I think youll find the black chrome one is a little more expensive too.I was gunna get this one originaly,but went for the blue instead.Actually i posted a pic of the black chrome one months ago and got no response.
For those of you who missed it,here it is again!

That's the one i'm getting.....yeh baby yeh......
Rod, that one looks like a black paint job with chrome visor, you sure that pic is of a chrome (with black tint) shell?
Volvi,that is definately the black chrome one!
Black gloss. Looks good and is the cheapest of the lot at under $300.
Good news people , we just got our shipment in of KBC. first in first served. Very limited stock, the supplier underestimated the popularity........
Hope you sell some kama,looks like my proposition fell on deaf ears!
Oh by the way,just a footnote to all this,in Melbourne,i'm told that monza imports are the importers of KBC helmets but i dont think they bring in the VR-1 models,you'de have to ring them!