Anyone after a new helmet?
I just received my new helmet today that i ordered from a contact in the states.It is totally awesome!It is a KBC which is not available in Aussie yet and for the price i paid is a bargain.Its no cheap plastic thing,its full kevlar/fibreglass compasite material,coolmax removable liner and all the features of some of the more expensive helmets.If you want to see there entire range,get onto the KBC website.With the exchange rate including shipping(air mail),the blue visor plus the std clear one,i paid $340 AUS,a bargain i reckon ,so if anyone is interested contact Brett at rett@motorcycle-accessories-wiseguy.com"> brett@motorcycle-accessories-wiseguy.com and tell him Rod from Australia sent you,he is a good guy to do business with

Just an update on this,Brett says if i can get a few orders together,it will save on freight costs.The bad news is he said that i got mine at a very special price .He will do one for $220 US,$30 for a mirror visor,$25 for the blue and $20 for any other color visor and $45 freight,still for approx$400 aus its a dam fine helmet.
v nice. even makes my $1300 arai look a bit ordinary
Hi Rod, I need a new helmet (Dave banged mine up against the bricks last week and its got a ding in it:"> ) so I have a couple of questions if that's ok.

Have you worn it at speed yet? Is it noisy? And is it a "snug" fit like the AGVs or a more "rounded" one like the Arai's(which I currently have) If its like a SHOEI I won't bother as none of them sit on my head properly, with it not being pointy enough

Sounds like a great deal, and the blue is perfect

Thanx in advance, Jules - always smiling, it keeps everyone guessing!
My Arai is totally buggered, but I can't see me paying even $650, (in the sales), for a new one. If the fit is Arai-like I'd probably get one.

However, don't helmets have to have an Aussie sticker on them? I know of two blokes getting pulled by the bill for wearing non-approved helmets. Mine has a UK approved sticker, which people tell me will get me in trouble. How do you get around that with these helmets?
Nice looking helmet Rod, but are u aware that it's not legal in Australia because it dosen't have the QAS sticker on the back of the helmet. Even if it does pass american standards, in Australia if u get caught you face a $300 fine and 2 points off your license, don't quote me but iv'e had outlaws (Bandidos, Hells Angels, and such) come into the shop who got caught and where now after a legal helmet. (because they wear those stupid nazi hats).

You have a better chance because they look normal, these helmets are due to arrive in Australia any day and are around the same price, their even doing a chrome version which is excatly the same shape for around $380. Iv'e tried a sample on from the rep and they feel like a arai, excellent quality and comfort for the price. Already have mine on order..

Sorry didn't mean to bum you out.....

Ciao....PAul

Chrome and Arai fit, yeahhhhhhhhhh, gimme gimme. mark me down for an XL, gotta be reflective visor display and HUD would be great lol. Cant replace my present arai rx3, over 1g, get real.
Yes what you say is true kazie,its not that they are not safe,its just they havent been tested for australian standards,cause no one imports them. As far as getting caught,ive been ridin for umteen years and have never once been pulled over for a check to see if my lid has a standards sticker or not,so i think my chances are pretty good,more chance of getting booked for speeding me thinks As far as the hardly ridable guys go,well enuff said i think! .When i get out on the week end,i'll post a full report then,but it certainly is nice fit to my head.I'm not tring to make a dollar out of this i'm just letting members know that there is an alterative to your $1300 shoei's and aria's
Have to agree rod its a nice looking helmet & for a realistic price. I thought maybe as Mat Mladin is sponsored by KBC he would have the helmets avaliable at his shop in Sydney ?
I"m in the market for a new helmet right now but not too keen on buying without trying it on for size first.

Hay kamakaze could you please keep us posted as to when the helmets will be arriving in OZ
Good call RR, they are a good fit and the chances of getting caught are very slim indeed. It just takes so long for anything to get to us down under that its quicker to go o/s....just got the new shoei xr1000 catalogue in today, not bad at all. haven't tried one yet should be arriving next week. Around the $770 for graphic colours i think.....methinks i stick with the KBC chromo job.

12 Hemets at last count........got this obsession with collecting helmets....f*** knows why
No worries buzzard, I'll keep everone posted........
Took me 1 week from the states to my front door! Sure makes australia post look sick
Have a look at this Aussie site the guys are in Canberra I think
www.gobike.com.au

Price is AUS $349 inc GST WTFWT
Have had a reply from Aussie distributer and the helmuts are Australian Standard Approved. They say it is illigal to sell them here if they are not approved. WTFWT
Nice helmet!

I have an AGV fullface for $180 for sale - never worn - well ok maybe once Got it real cheap from MCA ..

It's an XTRA LARGE ....

If anyone's interested email me fox@thebasement.com.au and I'll send a pic ..