Central QLD
Anyone up for a ride between friday and monday? Anyday should work for me and am keen for a few route ideas.. From Rockhampton for me but will travel... obviously..
(28-05-2009, 06:21pm)nato674 Wrote: Anyone up for a ride between friday and monday? Anyday should work for me and am keen for a few route ideas.. From Rockhampton for me but will travel... obviously..

Hey nato674,

How are ya ?

I just pulled into Roma for the night, currently enjoying a couple of JDs ;-)

Plan on heading north thru the Carnarvon Gorge to Emerald tommorrow then will probably head west and look for the Great Dividing Range although up here its more like the Great Rolling Plain, so far.

Emerald aint far from you, where do you plan on going ?

Regards

Steve
Wow you get Biker around SteveV .where do you live ? don't you have nsw plates ?
I was on the wallangara ride ...tell me you can't forget that nite
(28-05-2009, 09:22pm)monoman Wrote: Wow you get Biker around SteveV .where do you live ? don't you have nsw plates ?
I was on the wallangara ride ...tell me you can't forget that nite

Gday, yeah I remember and the ride was pretty good too. Im living on the Sunshine Coast but might be moving back to NSW so haved changed the plates. I've been on a few rides but this is the biggest for a while. Looking forward to tommorrow might head north east to Mackay instead, might have to throw a coin in the morning.
you only had 6 k on that bike sounds like you'ue doubled it by now .....any reason/destination for this ride
or are you just lookin for a pub to top shreaders
Nah I think it had more like 12K on it then its got 16K now.

I gotta get my rides in while I still can because Im gonna get suspended soon :-(

I dont think anyone can top that pub, that was a truly unique experience.
Well when your back on the road you know were to find us all.While your still moblie catch up soon maybe breakycreek just post it up
will give it a miss mate the run to emerald is just to damn boring for 3 hrs from rocky. Have a good trip though.
Yeah I'll have to make it to breakycreek sometime, been meaning to come along one day, first have to figure out where it is.
(29-05-2009, 08:26am)nato674 Wrote: will give it a miss mate the run to emerald is just to damn boring for 3 hrs from rocky. Have a good trip though.

OK mate see ya another time.
Hey stevev how was ya run today?
I *could* be doing Mount Morgan near Rocky on Sunday... not 100% sure though.
Licence Back!
(29-05-2009, 07:01pm)nato674 Wrote: Hey stevev how was ya run today?

Gday Nato,

Yeah it was pretty good mate, just got into Mackay after about 3 hours of dodging roos in the dark ;-)

No twisty bits but plenty of fast bits, tried to get to the Carnarvon Gorge but gave up after 15 kms of dirt with no indication of how far to go, pitty it looked like it would be good.

Regards

Steve
(29-05-2009, 07:32pm)TimF Wrote: I *could* be doing Mount Morgan near Rocky on Sunday... not 100% sure though.

Hey Tim, What is your route plans if decided?
(29-05-2009, 07:32pm)TimF Wrote: I *could* be doing Mount Morgan near Rocky on Sunday... not 100% sure though.

Did the Marlborough Rd from Mackay to Rocky and then Mt Morgan to Biloela and the Dawson Hwy to Gladstone today. Staying in Miriam Vale tonight ready to hit Gin Gin tomorrow. Mt Morgan was good, short but sweet ;-)
Did you take the range? or the razorback??

Good riding around there (mt morgan, dululu)

I did "Wusty's Run" last weekend, spent the night in Dululu, probably about 150 bikes. Good times...

Favourite road is still between biloela and calliope though