Newb from Vic.
congratluations buddy, the more busa's ,the meryer.
cya on the streets.
don't be shy to come past roy's now you here.
thanks for all the greetings guys!

turning an issue huh?

heavy's heavy. the busa is around the same weight as the VFR and although the viffer turned in really well, I can't say the bus felt THAT BAD!!!!! :)

Anyway, I've got buckets of torque to make up for it in other ways right? (work with me here....)

Seriously though, I'm really excited aboutthe new bike and looking forward to discovering the ins and outs and personality so to speak.
I'm hoping this will be the beginning of a long and pleasurable relationship (the bike that is...)
Welcome mate.

Your right. The Busa is a great bike. Lots of folks in the club have some really good tips and know the bikes inside out so don't be affraid to ask. Some really great people in here also.Nerd

As for the Viffer, they lost the plot with all of that fancy Vtec and FI crap. The busa is a better bike than the 06 viffer IMHO, but that might just be me.

Anyway, enjoy the new cheesecake Pi_tongue
ok - just so its out there...

IMO - unless your silly with the throttle - it wont bite - it aint fly by wire & you get good feel back from the throttle - you will find till you open it they are a nice mosy beast.

Turning is not an issue - its your mind that makes it think its an issue. Coz it looks massive - esp when your sitting on it looking at the plastics around the front of the tank. Yes you have to work harder & yes you better have good tyres if your going to make a point of it.
Its more about learning HOW to corner the busa, not that the busa has issues cornering. I had this issue at first - but over the years I found it was just me & my riding style & that I had to corner the bus a little different ;) remembering that sliding ya butt back in the seat makes heaps of difference in the nose to rear end weight ;)

Some have said (not in this thread) that the wheel base is too long. I simply knocked out a link in the chain to shorten it up a little, I run diablo corsa 3's that are nice & pointy.

Remembering that when it comes to cornering - its not al about the bike & the weight it has - its about the rider more then anything....
My normal riding mates are on a cbr250 & gixxer750 - now of course in the straight line I leave them for dead. Get up to the likes of reefton & its not the case. out of the 3 of us the cbr250 rider (over 10 years riding dirt & racing plus 10 years road riding) is the fastest of us all in the corners, because he can hold the corner speed better then the bigger bikes.

Next? well - its myself. The guy on the Gixxer just can't keep up with us, not a bike issue - a rider issue.
However always on the way back down the spur the gixxer gets me in the first section but I clean up in the sections close to healsville - why? coz I dont like going as hard as he does in those first few corners, I dont know them as well as he does.

Last time we went out - the cbr250 rider was holding me up coz I was holding more corner speed - turned out to be his tyres. after I blew past him I had a cbr1000rr holding me up in corners on the BEST parts of reefton!! :(

Guess all I am saying is - enjoy your bike mate - dont listen to everything & hope to catch ya for a ride sometime ;)

PS: Rocket just can't corner them coz he is a skinny arse :P
Welcome Cameron.

It corners really well for a bigger bike! Just make sure you adjust front and rear suspension for your weight and you'll give most little bikes the shock of their lives, even around a race track!

Ride safely... at least for the first month or so!
Welcome Mate enjoy your new toy
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
slowandsteady Wrote:I'm hoping this will be the beginning of a long and pleasurable relationship (the bike that is...)

Wow! Your missus is kewl with this? Mine refuses to let me have the Busa in the bedroom and gets jealous everytime I polish her. Something to do with sounds I make as i gently caress those smooth plastics whilst gripping the supple rubber of the handlebars. .... Hugh? Where was I?

Busa's can corner???
Just kidding. I've ridden a heap of two wheeled tryhards over the years and well, yeah the Busa ain't the best in the corners. But it is a hell of a lot more capable then a majority of bikes. You wont have any trouble cornering the Busa. As always, inspect the corner as you approach reducing speed dependant upon your ability to see the exit. Once in the corner keep sight of your line at least two bike lenghts infront of the bike. To my surprise when i first rode a busa, they are nimble in comparison to other bikes thier size. You, can for instance, make quite a considerable change of line mid corner if you need to do so. Is this case they are also quite forgiving if you screw up your choice of line into the corner and find your exit is going to be too wide, with a gentle push of the inside bar they will easily dig deeper into the corner, just keep your eyes on where you "want to go" not "where you could come to grief".

As mentioned earlier, suspension set up is important, on any bike, but take your time setting up the Busa. I found for a sports bike that she was comfortable and as such tended to have too soft a setup in the early days. I'm only a light weight, and have a firm setup for my weight but this suits me and the way i ride. Like Raz said there is stacks of room on a Busa to move your weight around. As you come to terms with her you'll find that you can gain a significant increase in cornering speed by riding the front brake into the lean to pull the weight down into the corner. Then with your arse to the side and your knee forward and down and your eyes peeking over the the outside edge of the mirror. Well, you get the idea. They are a very forgiving bike, and yet they are a very capable bike. Of all that I have ridden (Including Vespas, and those boat anchors that Harley Davidson make) the Hayabusa is, in my opinion, the most all-round-motorcycle EVER!

Three sleeps to go slowandsteady!

Geoff
Quote:the busa is around the same weight as the VFR
COFF COFF,bullshit.I know the sales figures quote them around the same weight,but riding each back to back,i know this is utter shit.
You say the buse didnt seem too bad,wait until you have to punt it through tight twisties my friend,then you will notice the weight difference.Dont get me wrong,the busa handles ok for its weight and loooong wheelbase,but it aint no sportsbike.Its high speed stabity though is second to none.You pick a line and you stick to it,simple as that really.:eyes:
And Raz......anytime your ready mate.Showback
Ill put my skinny arse up against your largish one.Pi_tongue
[Image: CA2BIZED.jpg] BACK IN BLACK!!!
VFR weighed in on the loading bay scales at 243 wet (less my fat arse) with a full tank of fuel.
The Bus will get the same treatment out of interest.
The VFR certainly feels lighter on the road when moving and cornering but the bus that I test rode felt VERY soft up front.
I like to think of the Hayabusa as a Rear wheel steer bike anyway!! :)