admin board question
Or...... you can look at the people who ride all the time, and have made some real friends on the board. I've made some of the best mates I've ever had on this site, people I would trust with my life. I do track days with them, go away with them, ride with them and occassionally talk to them on the phone. Some have been here since the start, some are brand new. I find the people who bullshit and deliberately start shit, don't ride and are mainly keyboard jockies. Could it be that they are so negative and deliberately antagonistic on the board that no-one wants to spend time with them.

Just my two cents worth.

Pi_thumbsup
Heidi!!!!
And you criticise me for calling a spade a spade!!Pi_tongue
I'm not having the best week and I am sick to death of fucktards. Would you like to start something stumpy???
hey all i didnt start this thread to see more in fighting

it is obvious that this board will always remain in in cyberspace with the exception of a a handful

forget i even mentioned the idea

the busa raffle i still think is a good idea but i might push it towards a childrens hospital fund raiser like "give me five for kids" next year and promote it over several forums

I too have been involved in **charity groups and we managed to raise enough money to take between a 12 and 20 odd mild to moderate disabled and intellectually impaired kids sky diving, week long trips to the snowfields water skiing abseiling etc all funds were raised from a small community which many said could not be done but we did it, including covering legal requirments

it can be done if enough get behind it but sadly i dont see this here

footnote:

Leisure Link
Last modified: March 21, 2010 - 7:13 PM

Leisure Link is a recreation program which aims to provide and promote independence and community integration for people with a physical or intellectual disability aged between 15 and 45 years.

What is the Goulburn Leisure Link Program?

Leisure Link is a recreation program which aims to provide independence and integration for its members.

This is achieved by offering a wide range of leisure activities as determined by the interests of the group.

Who is it for?

There are two different groups:

* The Saturday Fun Club
Is for people with a mild to moderate intellectual disability aged between 15 and 45 years it offers regular weekend activities as well as evening, holiday, sport and peer support programs.
* The Social Club
Is for people with a physical disability aged between 15 and 65 years outings and activities are arranged to members interests and include dining out, shows and trips away.

Who Benefits?

* The person with the disability by Making friends and widening their social, leisure and educational experiences.
* The family by taking time out.
* The volunteer by sharing time and interests with a person with a disability.
* The community by better understanding the needs and abilities of people with disabilities.
Nice work! When we have raffles here and make money, we give it to Camp Quality. We've given a bit over the years, everyone loves a kid charity.

P.S. Don't worry about Bruce, I can take him.
Don't get disgruntled Mia06. There is plenty of life in this club/forum.

Your intentions are obviously commendable and to be applauded. This forum is simply not suitable for such activities except on a localised basis by the groups who wish to participate in charitable activities and there have been plenty of them over the years.

I suggest that there are many who read every post here but rarely add to the discussions.
Participation can never be gauged because you don't have to login to read.
A headcount means nothing.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
(22-03-2010, 09:54pm)BUSGO Wrote: Don't get disgruntled Mia06. There is plenty of life in this club/forum.

Your intentions are obviously commendable and to be applauded. This forum is simply not suitable for such activities except on a localised basis by the groups who wish to participate in charitable activities and there have been plenty of them over the years.

I suggest that there are many who read every post here but rarely add to the discussions.
Participation can never be gauged because you don't have to login to read.
A headcount means nothing.

fair point !

i did over react a little,i guess i should be taking more of a line towards enjoy what it is......not what it could be
(22-03-2010, 07:02pm)Heidi1 Wrote: Or...... you can look at the people who ride all the time, and have made some real friends on the board. I've made some of the best mates I've ever had on this site, people I would trust with my life. I do track days with them, go away with them, ride with them and occassionally talk to them on the phone. Some have been here since the start, some are brand new. I find the people who bullshit and deliberately start shit, don't ride and are mainly keyboard jockies. Could it be that they are so negative and deliberately antagonistic on the board that no-one wants to spend time with them.

Just my two cents worth.

Pi_thumbsup

I speak only for myself - there is no-one in my local area that owns a busa and is about my age (late 50's) - therefore hearing through the forum what is going on in a wider arena is good for me and keeps me interested in riding and tapping the keyboard. Too young in my view for Ulysses (sic) and still loving the sound and speed of a k8 with racefit mufflers -I just love it! Hang in and leave those whiteanters to their own mound.