Aftermarket Fairings disapointment
(18-07-2009, 11:32am)Gnarbunkle99 Wrote: I'll do em in magnesium nem, that way if I fall off again, ill go up in a brilliant flash!
At the moment I've got a set of varios panels on loan from Blackzook, they aren't perfect either, maybe they go out of shape after a while I'm not exactly sure, but factory fit and finish isn't perfect. These cheap imports use 4mm metric threads on posts which aren't the same as factory and the alignment isn't perfect, but if you are prepared to put in with the extra work require to get the alignment right, it's a very cost effective alternative to OEM replacements.

Gnarbs, i like your style Coolsmiley
Thanks Nem I'm off to to shed soon to tackle getting my headlight alignment sorted.
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
Let us know how you go!
(18-07-2009, 10:27am)Volvi Wrote: well at that price which is the price of just ONE original panel, so as they say its cheap as chips and in the end thats exactly what one gets, you get what you pay for - cheap imitations. Bit like the Rolex and Omega watches from Thailand, if they pack up after 3 months the buyer doesnt whinge over them when he dumps it in the trash bin, coz after all he knows what he paid for.

PS. not implying you whinge, your understandbly dissapointed, but learned the hard way.

Spot on Volvi, they're not much more than the price of 1 large OEM panel. I guess one should excpect shoddy workmanship at best when the people making it are getting paid ~30c/hr & doing 18hr shifts. Slavelabour.

Nevertheless, thanx for letting us all know Gnarbs. Now hopefully no-one else on the site will get caught.
(24-07-2009, 08:24am)Cam Wrote:
(18-07-2009, 10:27am)Volvi Wrote: well at that price which is the price of just ONE original panel, so as they say its cheap as chips and in the end thats exactly what one gets, you get what you pay for - cheap imitations. Bit like the Rolex and Omega watches from Thailand, if they pack up after 3 months the buyer doesnt whinge over them when he dumps it in the trash bin, coz after all he knows what he paid for.

PS. not implying you whinge, your understandbly dissapointed, but learned the hard way.

Spot on Volvi, they're not much more than the price of 1 large OEM panel. I guess one should excpect shoddy workmanship at best when the people making it are getting paid ~30c/hr & doing 18hr shifts. Slavelabour.

Nevertheless, thanx for letting us all know Gnarbs. Now hopefully no-one else on the site will get caught.

I don't think people should be put off of buying them as it has more to do with expectations for money outlaid rather than getting caught or ripped off & as Gnarbs said QUOTE "if you are prepared to put in the extra work required to get the alignment right, it's a very cost effective alternative to OEM replacements", he never said they were crap & as he is a competent mechanical person he will put in the effort needed to get the best fit & laugh all the way to the bank Coolsmiley

As for the small blems in the paintwork it is luck of the draw but just go for a ride in the Adelaide hills & you will get mores stone chips than an Islamic at a stoning

I absolutely love my cheap Chinese aftermarket fairings & paid close to $3000 for mine (Carbon fibre but still out the same Chinese style moulds) & even though it was a LOT of stuffing around & the finish is not perfect they will have to pry them off of my cold dead bike before I give them up Biker

Sample pics.

Isn't it Ironic that my Favourite Stretch of Tarmac is called C.O.P. Eek
Well ive decided im just going to repaint my oem panels at this point, ill chuck some photos of the aftermarket ones in the sell section when i get round to it and see if i can make some of the money back at least. Personally i dont see any reason that they cant make the moulds right lol . If your going to go to the expense of making an item that large how hard is it to put the mounts in the right spot.
i think side panels for the busa oem in the US are around 424US - $550AU.
Here they charge 900...
(17-07-2009, 06:04pm)Avante Wrote: There is a difference between a not perfect fit and bloody no where near it

I have bought chinese ,bike chains (stretched and snapped) Turbo for a diesel (lasted 2 weeks) sprockets (wrong sizes) I wouldnt trust them to make much at all ubless u had a setup were u had someone there checking quality control and making sure the steel they use is of the right type..
(27-07-2009, 08:47am)kawasuki Wrote:
(17-07-2009, 06:04pm)Avante Wrote: There is a difference between a not perfect fit and bloody no where near it

I have bought chinese ,bike chains (stretched and snapped) Turbo for a diesel (lasted 2 weeks) sprockets (wrong sizes) I wouldnt trust them to make much at all ubless u had a setup were u had someone there checking quality control and making sure the steel they use is of the right type..

You know your in for it when you buy a chinese product when you read the advertisment with spelling mistakes all over it,if they cant even get the product name right,like hell there going to get the product right.