Were is the edit button?
Hi,

We can have 2 or 3 options here,

1) Based on your past recored the Group Mod's can either give you a permanent edit access (with his revoking power in place) - depends on the logic in the code.
2) You can PM / Call the group Mod's for any changes....
3) We can have 1/2 hour edit access provided to all - again this can only be possible provided the code has the build in logic to do this.

+1 for taking away the edit.
Cheers,

Bill

pan Wrote:
slowandsteady Wrote:Use spellcheck
Think carefully
No editing required

Editing is required in some situations, like when plans change...

EG:

# on track days, pricing, contact details, lists of people going, etc...
# on coffee meetings or spannering days, listing times to meet and places to meet change to what may suit most people
# when hot-linked photos change address
# when you don't have time to think carefully and need to amend details posted (not just insults, but important contacts, etc)
# prices of goods when selling stuff... or updating what is sold and what is not...

I'm sure there are more examples...

Sometimes (like I've done today on a track day thread) we can enter new information at the end of a thread, but often people will click on it and read the first entry only, rather than flick through several pages... and they may miss some important info or updates

Of several boards I log on to intermittently, this is the only one that won't allow edits! Confused

Although I agree with most of the changes recently initiated on the board, I don't think this one was a well thought-out decision Pi_thumbsdown