2 bussas collected by car
Milenna,

Glad to hear you and your husband are both safe, bikes can be rebuilt.

God only knows what made that women not see you both. we being on 2 wheels are always at a bigger risk.

Cheers,
Bill
(14-03-2011, 04:33pm)milena Wrote:
(14-03-2011, 04:20pm)Heidi1 Wrote: Bloody hell! How terrifying for both of you. It was probably somehow a bit worse watching each other get hurt at the same time. Did you go batshit crazy at the driver? I would have. So we have established that you are both ok, HOW ARE THE BIKES?

Danny's 06 black/red is a right off cause his bike sustained the full impact of the car to the rear wheel, my bike 03 plum/black has sustained $7700 damage, the insurance will let us know by this week whether my bike is also a right off or repairable.
All I could say at the time was F***K over and over again, then when I saw that Danny was ok went to see the driver, and she was in tears, she had two kids in the back and she was in total shock. Luckily there was a great cop who helped us both exchange our details, cause I couldnt even remember my phone number.

if they make it a statutory writeoff, and you get the payout, there are ways of re registering, if owned for 5 years or if in a bike club, my bike was made a stat writeoff after a guy pulled a uturn on double lines no indicator, i had to run it off the road at 60kmh, 14k damage but only cosmetic really, i got payout and i so want to fix it but i only joined the club in the new year and only owned 3 years, so spewing, wish someone could backdate my membership by a year as i love this bike and cant replace what i had for $8500 grand that they gave me.
Too Weird to Live Too Rare to Die
Seabreeze,

Search this forum for a similar story in the last few days. There is a special condition in the new regs that deals with cosmetic damage (for writeoffs) in NSW.

Another member gave the details in the thread but essentually if you purchase your bike form the insurance co and have prior approval from the RTA you can repair and re-register without having to meet the other conditions. From memory this expires in August.

Cheers
(15-03-2011, 04:49pm)SEABREEZE Wrote: if they make it a statutory writeoff, and you get the payout, there are ways of re registering, if owned for 5 years or if in a bike club, my bike was made a stat writeoff after a guy pulled a uturn on double lines no indicator, i had to run it off the road at 60kmh, 14k damage but only cosmetic really, i got payout and i so want to fix it but i only joined the club in the new year and only owned 3 years, so spewing, wish someone could backdate my membership by a year as i love this bike and cant replace what i had for $8500 grand that they gave me.

I'm pretty sure that you were told that this is only an internet based chat site and not a formally registered club so back dating your membership will make no difference. Do you think by reposting your request in more threads it will make the admins assist you in defrauding your insurance company? Yep we all feel sorry for you, insurance companys are a bitch when it comes to claims, but you did sign up to an agreed value of $8500 maybe you should have shopped around.
(16-03-2011, 04:38am)#CAS# Wrote:
(15-03-2011, 04:49pm)SEABREEZE Wrote: if they make it a statutory writeoff, and you get the payout, there are ways of re registering, if owned for 5 years or if in a bike club, my bike was made a stat writeoff after a guy pulled a uturn on double lines no indicator, i had to run it off the road at 60kmh, 14k damage but only cosmetic really, i got payout and i so want to fix it but i only joined the club in the new year and only owned 3 years, so spewing, wish someone could backdate my membership by a year as i love this bike and cant replace what i had for $8500 grand that they gave me.

I'm pretty sure that you were told that this is only an internet based chat site and not a formally registered club so back dating your membership will make no difference. Do you think by reposting your request in more threads it will make the admins assist you in defrauding your insurance company? Yep we all feel sorry for you, insurance companys are a bitch when it comes to claims, but you did sign up to an agreed value of $8500 maybe you should have shopped around.

+1.......what don't you get sea breeze?????MAKING AND SIGNING A FALSE DECARATION IS A CRIMINAL OFFENCE and you're asking the admins to be complicit Idiot2
This is bloody terrible and inexcusable especially involving two bikes, how could she have not seen you, I sincerely hope you both mend Ok physically and emotionally. The public wonder why we lanesplit, I also copped it when I was 17, have lanesplit up to the lights whenever possible ever since and paranoid about flashing rear brake, must do something as I have made it to 60 without reoccurence although years ago I braved a red light to escape the Pontiac Parisienne that had lost control behind me and smashed sideways out of control into the car that was next to me in the other lane. Always looking in rear mirror even in car.
Obviously there are some glaring problems with driver education and testing. Too many are the times I have had near misses and, as Mrs Gillard was told at the birth of her daughter Jullia, this will only get uglier
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast