Engine oil
(25-01-2011, 07:05pm)BikerBoy Wrote:
(25-01-2011, 06:26pm)Shifu Wrote:
(19-01-2011, 02:49pm)bbluesilver Wrote: Hi, I am about to change the oil for the first time.
Bike has nearly 1,000km on the clock.

was looking at going for the Mobile extra 4T semi synthetic oil.
Is this a good choice?
Bike isn't going to be going on any track days, mostly used for daily transport.

Cheers.

Hi, I have done a qute extensive research into the engine lubrication topic (work related) so please let me share few thoughts on this. Firstly the large majority of the modrn oils are quite good and any of them with a correct rating - CI-4 in this case and correct viscosity will really do a job. It is more a matter of personal preference and your suseptibility to the marketing hype. The critical component here is not the oil but the filter you are using. The best oil is not going to help when you circulating a soup in your engine. And believe me there are a lot of filters by the name but not the funcion. That includes the OEM versoins. I do not want to take too much space but if you are interested shoot me a message and I will e-mail you some very enlightening material.
Cheers.

Normal procedure would be to head on over to the "members introduction" section first and say hi to us all with a bit about yourself, but aside from that I'm interested in the info you can shed on the topic so feel free to shoot me a pm (obviosuly not going to give out my email to a 1 post member)

Cheers. BB

I apologise if my first post offended you. Just tried to share what I have learned and help a fellow rider. Thanks for the info on member introduction. Will fix it right away.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(27-01-2011, 10:58pm)Shifu Wrote:
(19-01-2011, 02:49pm)bbluesilver Wrote: Hi, I am about to change the oil for the first time.

Is this a good choice?
Bike isn't going to be going on any track days, mostly used for daily transport.

Cheers.

Hi, I have done a qute extensive research into the engine lubrication topic (work related) so please let me share few thoughts on this. Firstly the large majority of the modrn oils are quite good and any of them with a correct rating - CI-4 in this case and correct viscosity will really do a job. It is more a matter of personal preference and your suseptibility to the marketing hype. The critical component here is not the oil but the filter you are using. The best oil is not going to help when you circulating a soup in your engine. And believe me there are a lot of filters by the name but not the funcion. That includes the OEM versoins. I do not want to take too much space but if you are interested shoot me a message and I will e-mail you some very enlightening material.
Cheers.

Normal procedure would be to head on over to the "members introduction" section first and say hi to us all with a bit about yourself, but aside from that I'm interested in the info you can shed on the topic so feel free to shoot me a pm (obviosuly not going to give out my email to a 1 post member)

Cheers. BB

I apologise if my first post offended you. Just tried to share what I have learned and help a fellow rider. Thanks for the info on member introduction. Will fix it right away.

I don't think you offened anyone Shifu. Your opinions based on your ecxperiences are always welcome. Good to have you on board.
(19-01-2011, 05:40pm)Greeny_SA Wrote: Motul 5100 , the gearbox loves it .

+1
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
I would definitely want to try AMSOIL, though it's not easy to get. Therefore I use whatever is recommended by Roger Heyes, in this case, Motul 5100.
FP
Used chip oil....inexpensive, readily available, environmentaly friendly, and carries the heart foundation tick....you might want to filter the lumpy bits out though...it being a new bike and all!
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
(29-01-2011, 09:22am)FalcoPerigri Wrote: I would definitely want to try AMSOIL, though it's not easy to get. Therefore I use whatever is recommended by Roger Heyes, in this case, Motul 5100.
FP
I just got my last lot off ebay
We have used it for years,dad and I have run it in methanol speedway engines with out any trouble [motors usually only pulled down after a full season]I run there oil in my chev stroker ,SS holden etc and luv it.
My hayabusa clutch was slipping and biting occasionally when taking of in first or sometimes when releasing the clutch when doing a slow u turn etc,Amsoil now in there for 200km and clutch is fine and engine seems much quieter.I put mobile 4t semi syn in the bike the day I rode it home and then changed to Amsoil 2000km's after.Pi_thumbsup
"If you're going through hell, keep going"
(28-01-2011, 07:29am)BikerBoy Wrote:
(27-01-2011, 10:58pm)Shifu Wrote:

Is this a good choice?

Cheers.

Cheers.

Cheers. BB

I don't think you offened anyone Shifu. Your opinions based on your ecxperiences are always welcome. Good to have you on board.

It is good to be on board in such fine company.
On the oil choice one more for Motul 5100Pi_thumbsup
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Just had a thought...BP help yourself its floating around off the US coast
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
MOTUL 3100 GOLD 4T.
Never an issue in any way with cooling, clutch or longevity.
It's sweet, smooth and quiet.
Read
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO