Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
Engine oil - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Hayabusa Gen.II (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Engine oil (/showthread.php?tid=16547)

Pages: 1 2

Engine oil - bbluesilver - 19-01-2011

Hi, I am about to change the oil for the first time.
Bike has nearly 1,000km on the clock.

was looking at going for the Mobile extra 4T semi synthetic oil.
Is this a good choice?
Bike isn't going to be going on any track days, mostly used for daily transport.

Cheers.

RE: Engine oil - PostmanPete - 19-01-2011

I've only ever used fully synthetic in my bikes. Mobil 1 most of the time!! Biker

RE: Engine oil - Greeny_SA - 19-01-2011

Motul 5100 , the gearbox loves it .

RE: Engine oil - Troopmaster - 19-01-2011

Castrol GPS for me!

RE: Engine oil - islanddrift - 19-01-2011

Rockoil ..... fully synthetic for me BikerBikerBiker
(19-01-2011, 02:49pm)bbluesilver Wrote: Hi, I am about to change the oil for the first time.

Is this a good choice?
Bike isn't going to be going on any track days, mostly used for daily transport.

Cheers.

My mechanic (who i trust) recomended mineral oil until 12,000 and then synthetic

RE: Engine oil - bbluesilver - 19-01-2011

Al sounds good.
Looks like I will stick with Mobile extra 4T semi synthetic oil untill around the 10k mark, then maybe go fully synthetic.
Cheers.

RE: Engine oil - cyndemgum - 20-01-2011

(19-01-2011, 07:56pm)bbluesilver Wrote: Al sounds good.
Looks like I will stick with Mobile extra 4T semi synthetic oil untill around the 10k mark, then maybe go fully synthetic.
Cheers.
G'day mate, I leave the factory oil in until 6000 kms, then Mobil 1 from then on . When you drain the factory oil, ensure the sump plug area is spotless, then drain the oil into a clean container. Allow any sediment to settle and slowly drain the container off. You will then see why I leave the factory oil in for so long. Bugger all metal is timmed off during the run in period and the minute amount that is gets picked up by the filter. I have done this with all my bikes and never had a drama and they get absolutely flogged. Have a blast, Paul.

RE: Engine oil - TempOzzy - 20-01-2011

(19-01-2011, 06:52pm)Troopmaster Wrote: Castrol GPS for me!

+1

I can't find a convincing story behind any of the full or semi synths to switch to them yet. I'm also quite happy to rack up a few K's first (more than 20thou) using good quality mineral oil.

No matter what oil you use, the one fact that I'm convinced about is to change it regularly (either annually or at KM interval - whichever is less).

RE: Engine oil - DAVE01 - 20-01-2011

Amsoil, once completely run in would be my choice.
http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/mcf.aspx

RE: Engine oil - homerbusa - 22-01-2011

(19-01-2011, 07:56pm)bbluesilver Wrote: Al sounds good.
Cheers.

do wot you said mate extra 4t first then full synthetic u wont go wrong the 08 busa has 22,000ks the 05 1400 has 47,000ks both run mobil 1 racing 4t makes everything run sweet. you will notice the differance when you change to mobil full synthetic

RE: Engine oil - BEAU - 22-01-2011

I put in Silkolene race fully synthetic (won it) after my first service. Not one fulse neutral and runs A1.

RE: Engine oil - BikerBoy - 25-01-2011

(22-01-2011, 06:48pm)BJK1 Wrote: I put in Silkolene race fully synthetic (won it) after my first service. Not one fulse neutral and runs A1.

I've used Fuchs Silkolene Super 4 in the past and never had any issues.

At the time when I first bought it, it was the only one I found meeting the full spec of what Suzuki recommended.(SF & SG , JASO MA & MA2)

RE: Engine oil - Shifu - 25-01-2011

(19-01-2011, 02:49pm)bbluesilver Wrote: Hi, I am about to change the oil for the first time.

Is this a good choice?

Cheers.

Hi, I have done a qute extensive research into the engine lubrication topic (work related) so please let me share few thoughts on this. Firstly the large majority of the modrn oils are quite good and any of them with a correct rating - CI-4 in this case and correct viscosity will really do a job. It is more a matter of personal preference and your suseptibility to the marketing hype. The critical component here is not the oil but the filter you are using. The best oil is not going to help when you circulating a soup in your engine. And believe me there are a lot of filters by the name but not the funcion. That includes the OEM versoins. I do not want to take too much space but if you are interested shoot me a message and I will e-mail you some very enlightening material.
Cheers.

RE: Engine oil - BikerBoy - 25-01-2011

(25-01-2011, 06:26pm)Shifu Wrote:

Is this a good choice?

Cheers.

Hi, I have done a qute extensive research into the engine lubrication topic (work related) so please let me share few thoughts on this. Firstly the large majority of the modrn oils are quite good and any of them with a correct rating - CI-4 in this case and correct viscosity will really do a job. It is more a matter of personal preference and your suseptibility to the marketing hype. The critical component here is not the oil but the filter you are using. The best oil is not going to help when you circulating a soup in your engine. And believe me there are a lot of filters by the name but not the funcion. That includes the OEM versoins. I do not want to take too much space but if you are interested shoot me a message and I will e-mail you some very enlightening material.
Cheers.

Normal procedure would be to head on over to the "members introduction" section first and say hi to us all with a bit about yourself, but aside from that I'm interested in the info you can shed on the topic so feel free to shoot me a pm (obviosuly not going to give out my email to a 1 post member)

Cheers. BB

RE: Engine oil - jamdonut - 25-01-2011

Always use the sikolene stuff and no issues.