Voip
Skype was excellent - when a girlfriend was in London & we needed to catchup.
Used to chat to her & watch how her baby grew up. Unfortunately my web cam died, but we still had voice, although I could see her web cam & still chatted for the next 4 months that way.

When she moved back here, the first night back there was a surprise b'day party. The toddler didn't take to anyone, by the end of the night she walked up to me and lifted up her arms so I sat her in my lap while I talked to someone. We figured out she recognised my voice. I didn't know at first but she did not take to anyone, so her mum was quite surprised to find her sitting on my lap quite happy. Not even grammy or pa had that sort of reception from her.
another time before they moved back, the toddler knew there should be an image on the computer when someone was talking, got cranky mine never was up there, and shook the laptop in frustration.
DjPete Wrote:Sounds good Bryan.
I like that failsafe back to landline for outgoing call setup.
Is that just a dial plan in the settings??

There are 2 ways Pete.
1) With your VOIP you should have received a "Voice box" which allows you to plug your std home ph into your VOIP. This box should have (if it's a good one) an additional socket in the back for your Land Line as well as the Cat5 & also the handset.
The voice box will automatically use the std land line if say your internet goes down.

2) With the PBX I can program it as to which line it uses as priority, then 2nd, 3rd, 4th. So I just put the telstra line 4th.

If my internet goes down, the PBX will still choose Line #1, but back at the Voice Box it will be routed to the land line. So no matter what the issue I will always have a line out.

+ on top of that, Meredith's Mob is part of the ADSL package.
I pay total $70/mth & I get ADSL2+, 70gig download, Static IP address, 20 email addresses, 30mb web space, no contract mobile with $300/mth cap.
mines a lynksys SPA-3102 so I gather it would default to testra line too.
Good to know.