Voip
Voice Over Internet Protocol.
Just changes over my house ph system.
Will save around $200 a quarter off my Telstra ph bill.
Quality excellent.
Highly recommended if you have adsl.
More info here
pennytel.com
Hey Mate,
I own 5 Optus stores and I use Skype between our stores, very cheap and effective communication....still love the timeless mobile plans for calls on the run though!!Trophy
I'd rather be riding my Hayabusa thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my Hayabusa
Yeah Skype's the go, can't tell the difference theses days, plus you just click the numbers on a web page to call.
skype softphones?
No I just use a headset plugged into the the PC, image is ok as well if you got a webcam.
you can even use it on a windows platform smartphone with any wifi connection.....even Maca's wifi i think!!!!
I'd rather be riding my Hayabusa thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my Hayabusa
What's the best WindowsMobile smartphone ? I'm about due.
Samsung just released the i900.............really nice phone

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i900_omnia-2422.php

check the link, awsome features this write up list it as 16gb memory but i'm sure the oz version has 24gb....heaps better than the cryphone!!! i have a N95 8g nice phone but i also have a HTC touch duel..good little smart phone but i'm thinking about the Samsung i900 myself.
Any chance of a PCIII bluetooth connection so I could dial up the settings for my lunch time ride, if I knew what the the damn settings were for ;-)
SteveV Wrote:Any chance of a PCIII bluetooth connection so I could dial up the settings for my lunch time ride, if I knew what the the damn settings were for ;-)

ha ha is that even possible.....be cool if it was.
Yeah it's certainly possible, even via USB, I could write the code after a bit a research, but I have no idea what the settings do, just need someone to explain them.
Simmo uses PC3 i think but i know he has someone that tunes his bike, probably the best thing unless you had someway of uploading a whole program to the device then just choose which one to update into the PC3 before a ride.
humbussa Wrote:Samsung just released the i900.............really nice phone

Yeah that's always the problem with WindowsMobile smartphones. 3.2 inch 240 x 400 pixels, compared to the iPhone 3.5 inch 320 x 480 pixels, but at least it looks like they've given up on the keys.
humbussa Wrote:Hey Mate,
I own 5 Optus stores and I use Skype between our stores, very cheap and effective communication....still love the timeless mobile plans for calls on the run though!!Trophy

In my house in Brissy I have a 4 line PBX.
1 line is the main Telstra line & the rest are connected to VIOP / SKYPE. (2 x voice & 1 x Fax)
I have it programmed so that the outgoing telstra line is only used if none of the VOIP lines are available.

I also have additional VOIP numbers in other states which, if called, the ph rings in the house. So customers will only ever be making a local call rather than STD.

My mob is with TPG. $60/mth (no contract) for totally unlimited calls to all oz land lines & Oz mobiles.
Louwai Wrote:
humbussa Wrote:Hey Mate,

In my house in Brissy I have a 4 line PBX.
1 line is the main Telstra line & the rest are connected to VIOP / SKYPE. (2 x voice & 1 x Fax)
I have it programmed so that the outgoing telstra line is only used if none of the VOIP lines are available.

I also have additional VOIP numbers in other states which, if called, the ph rings in the house. So customers will only ever be making a local call rather than STD.

My mob is with TPG. $60/mth (no contract) for totally unlimited calls to all oz land lines & Oz mobiles.
Sounds good Bryan.
I like that failsafe back to landline for outgoing call setup.
Is that just a dial plan in the settings??