Handle Bar Raisers
Whatever you get,cables,brakelines,clutch and brake reservoirs to screen clearance and tank to hand clearance must be considered if you want to push the boundaries for comfort.I have vario bars which can go any which way but as mentioned above these are the limiting factors.Having so much adjustability makes you want to play a bit.Perhaps if you don,t have this,you won,t know any different and be happy.Depends how sore your back and wrists are.Remember just lifting the bars will bring them up and back at the angle of the forks.Helibars allow you the option of up and further back,variobars allow everything within the limitations of the bike.Each option is dearer than the last but not necessarily better if you don,t need it.Confused yet?? Welcome to the club.
Pics

Glenn the Spa Man
BBB,
Any adjustment to the bar height will impact in one way or another.
The 30mm spacers and Helibars are ok for screen clearance and you can use the standard brake and clutch lines. Both require that you re-route the fast idle cable from the left switchblock. Look at the photo of Glen's bike above and you can see that he has changed the side this cable tracks down, you wont need to go that far but you will have to route it under the front edge of the tank on the right. It's a five minute job at worst.
Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
I have a vfr 800 and except for the busas higher pegs their isn,t much in it,meaning go the higher bars and lower buell pegs provided your not a knee dragger and enjoy the busa into your mature years,or is that immature years??
Yeah, I fancied higher bars too, but I got a bit carried away...
Lots to do yet, but Busa's make GREAT naked bikes!

Glen you have seen the light, I see you are starting to get a lot of Copper/Gold on your bike, rims, re-setts, forks & handle bars
BBB this bike is going to cost you big time
Cheers Robert
Aren't all Busas Copper & Plated, the others are just all very poor slow ugly copies !!!!!
Way to go Tony.
Build your own B-KING.!

Looks hot.

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!
Hello BBB and welcome to busa world from a supporter ex-owner who defected to the gixxer after getting sick of waiting for the big busa update.
When I got my first busa in 99 the first thing I thought of (being an elder) was also to raise the bars.
Looked into the matter for a while and by the time I discovered all the options I had fully adjusted to the busa just the way it was. My advice (for what its worth) is to persevere and do nothing for a while and see how you go.
Cheers
Les
Got to say, I do like that copper plating. I've got a good mate with a tricked up Harley who I've geen giving stick to for years, I can see he is about to get his own back on me... .

Thanks for all the help

Martin (BBB)
BBB,
thanks for raising the topic, mate. I've fitted HeliBars to my '04, and they are good. I would STILL like a bit more height,though. Has anyone fitted Helibars AND risers?? I'd appreciate some shots on risers alone, so any help would be appreciated.
Had some fun, along with Bear, at Wanneroo last week-end."Get that R1 outa the way, the bus is coming through" type stuff.
TTFN,
roey 1105.
Got a feeling that if u raise them any more u might have issues with the screen and may need new lines. i think. Cheers,
Kawasuki
Went to Lee Bros in N. Parra today, no luck finding 1" longer bolts with the hex head, anyone have any leads?
You can try Mr stainless in Drummoyne
I used to go to Lee bros but Cedray Engineering in Silverwater is just as close and has just about everything

Ruffy

Sorry - I needed an excuse to use the genie at least once

Thanks I will try one of those.