Why are my plugs all different colours?
a possible cause is a dodgy 02 sensor or low output from the coil causing a weak spark.

or one possibility given the pic of the plugs you posted; are you burning oil... or have noticed any increased consumption of it.?

No o2 sensors.

Its not burning oil. Level hasnt changed.

I did find a nick in one of the wires to a coil today. The wire was exposed and rubbing on the flapper valve vacuum actuator under the airbox. But the actuator isnt earthed to anything. It was rubbing on the wire for the 2nd plug from the right.
(18-12-2012, 08:24am)IBLOWN Wrote: No o2 sensors.

I did find a nick in one of the wires to a coil today. The wire was exposed and rubbing on the flapper valve vacuum actuator under the airbox. But the actuator isnt earthed to anything. It was rubbing on the wire for the 2nd plug from the right.

that wouldnt affect all 4 cylinders, only the cylinder affecting the coil,
but as u said, if its not earthing on anything, or the wires arent broken
then ull be sweet.
id be getting it tuned properly and going from there,
otherwise u could be just chasing ur tail.
from what ive read on here, they come out rich from the factory
to start with.
(18-12-2012, 07:51am)BikerBoy Wrote: a possible cause is a dodgy 02 sensor or low output from the coil causing a weak spark.

or one possibility given the pic of the plugs you posted; are you burning oil... or have noticed any increased consumption of it.?

(18-12-2012, 09:16am)pete Wrote:
(18-12-2012, 08:24am)IBLOWN Wrote: No o2 sensors.

that wouldnt affect all 4 cylinders, only the cylinder affecting the coil,
but as u said, if its not earthing on anything, or the wires arent broken
then ull be sweet.
id be getting it tuned properly and going from there,
otherwise u could be just chasing ur tail.
from what ive read on here, they come out rich from the factory
to start with.

Yeah, ive decided im going to tune it now and see what happens.

Tonight i'll be checking the fuel pressure and im done lol.

Well... I just went and checked the fuel pressure.

46-47PSI.

Hmmm.
Ive got no-idea what went wrong.

I went ahead and got a PC5 and a dyno tune.

What a difference lol! So much smoother, noticable power and snappyness. Money well spent. A bit better on fuel too lol.

Looking at the map in the PC it was exactly what i thought. Rich as hell in the lower RPM's from idle to about 4000RPM. In some places it was 24% rich!!! Up high was ok. It was all over the place, every couple of RPM was completely different.

Havent pulled my plugs out to check colour yet. Probably wont anyway. Its tuned now, too bad, they can stay like that now...

RS3 Yoshi slip-Ons
Small airbox mod
K&N filter
Irridium plugs
[Image: image_zpsa5afca50.jpg]
Do the gen2 run iridium plugs? 100,000 before needing a change?I don't feel like pulling.g out plugs. ( lazy).bike runs good.400 km+ on a tank full.smooth but fast riding.
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!

(20-01-2013, 12:01pm)storm Wrote: Do the gen2 run iridium plugs? 100,000 before needing a change?I don't feel like pulling.g out plugs. ( lazy).bike runs good.400 km+ on a tank full.smooth but fast riding.

You can run the Irridiums. They supposedly last 100,000.

i thought standard OE eqipment is iridium.

Lightweight titanium valves allow the use of light valve springs and high lift while maintaining accurate valve control. Iridium spark plugs are used for high combustion efficiency.-from hayabusa specs sheet
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!