Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
Michelin Road Tyre Range - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Hayabusa Tyres, Wheels & Suspension (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Michelin Road Tyre Range (/showthread.php?tid=6957)

Pages: 1 2

Michelin Road Tyre Range - DisPlaCeD - 28-04-2007

I've always had a soft spot for Michelin's and here is there site so you can pick/choose/analyse each tyre they currently have on offer... (for the Non-Google users) Coolsmiley
http://two-wheels.michelin.com/2w/front/affich.jsp?codeRubrique=2092004103637&lang=EN
I currently run a Michelin "Pilot Road" on the rear and feel confident with each outing...

RE: Michelin Road Tyre Range - Volvi - 29-04-2007

I have the Pilot Power 2 CT thats the 2 compound, and feel very secure with them, even better then the prvious standard PP, the 2ct have softer sides and harder down the middle.

RE: Michelin Road Tyre Range - Tone165 - 08-06-2007

Volvi Wrote:I have the Pilot Power 2 CT thats the 2 compound, and feel very secure with them, even better then the prvious standard PP, the 2ct have softer sides and harder down the middle.

Im also on 2CT's, best tyre I ever had. Got 4000k out of first set, thats alright for me, got 5000 from Pilot Powers, but I put less mileage down to more confidence of grip.

[Image: Anzac07-1.jpg]

RE: Michelin Road Tyre Range - spamanglenn - 08-06-2007

Nice shot.Another track day busa rider.Pi_thumbsup

RE: Michelin Road Tyre Range - BUSGO - 09-06-2007

G'day Tone. Nice to have you on board.

RE: Michelin Road Tyre Range - Ward P - 12-06-2007

Tone165 Wrote:
Volvi Wrote:I have the Pilot Power 2 CT thats the 2 compound, and feel very secure with them, even better then the prvious standard PP, the 2ct have softer sides and harder down the middle.

Im also on 2CT's, best tyre I ever had. Got 4000k out of first set, thats alright for me, got 5000 from Pilot Powers, but I put less mileage down to more confidence of grip.

[Image: Anzac07-1.jpg]

Nice shot Tone!!

RE: Michelin Road Tyre Range - Gnarbunkle99 - 12-06-2007

See Pan, thats how its' done, sparks and all!

RE: Michelin Road Tyre Range - RaZz0R - 12-06-2007

last time I tried Michelin I couldn't wait to change off the things!! the ones just under their pilot powers.. were icky!

RE: Michelin Road Tyre Range - chunkylover - 08-07-2007

Just wanna know what people think of the pilot sport HPX compared to pilot power. As i will be doing a tyre change soon.

cheers.

RE: Michelin Road Tyre Range - kawasuki - 08-07-2007

Hmmm not bad, but they loose a bit of grip half way through there life. All depends on what type of milage and grip u want .

RE: Michelin Road Tyre Range - Macbusa - 08-07-2007

i really liked there pilot race series... don't last as long but they are very sicky for street..

RE: Michelin Road Tyre Range - harleymark - 09-07-2007

chunkylover Wrote:Just wanna know what people think of the pilot sport HPX compared to pilot power. As i will be doing a tyre change soon.

cheers.

HPX on the rear was stickeyer than the power on the rear . Fattbussa had a power on rear and didnt really get stickey a power up front feels better than a HPX turns in quicker better feel .

RE: Michelin Road Tyre Range - chunkylover - 16-07-2007

I currently have a pilot power on the rear. Iam looking into either the HPX (200) or the 2 compond pilot power?? I like the pilot power. But i need somthing that will last abit longer in the middle. But yet sticky enough on the edges.

RE: Michelin Road Tyre Range - Kompressor - 23-07-2007

Hi guys

I just got my bike and it has the pilot powers on it. I've had them on other bikes and they've been good so far.

However, I looked at mine and they're made in spain. WTF?!! Are they the new Taiwan/Mexico?

RE: Michelin Road Tyre Range - Tantallon - 15-09-2007

Hayabusa

Hi All

I changed from Bridgestone to HPX on the front and at 60kph felt a pogo effect which smoothed out as speed increased. But as 60 is the in town speed limit, this pogo-ing didn't feel right. I got it swapped for another HPX and no problems. In short, I enjoyed the HPX on the front. A new problem has arisen. Just put 2 new HPX's on (front and rear) and what do I find? Bloody pogo-ing at 60k again. I wonder if it was an out of balance batch and has anyone else had a similar experience.

Tantallon