Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
GEN II Exhaust options - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Hayabusa Gen.II (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: GEN II Exhaust options (/showthread.php?tid=9087)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: GEN II Exhaust options - andw - 01-07-2008

BUSGO Wrote:Found a link for the Leo Vince Carbons for the K8
Leo Vince SBK SLIP ONs

Also the TwoBrothers carbons.
TwoBrothers

Also the M4s
M4 cannons

Meet the TiForce twins.
TiForce Carbon cans

Hell here are the best sounding - maybe?.
MICRON GPs

I like the sculptured microns and I reckon two pipes keeps the look of the original. And the sound? The microns do it for me.

Is there really much top-end gain without sacrificing mid-range power when using slipons, or is it neccessary to go to a full system?

RE: GEN II Exhaust options - BUSGO - 02-07-2008

With the Yoshi R77 slip ons you actually gain an average of 6hp across the range and extra torque from 3000 to 8000 rpm.
NO ELECTRICS MODS REQUIRED.
Pi_thumbsup

RE: GEN II Exhaust options - BLACKZOOK - 02-07-2008

Ray thats pretty impressive from a set of slip ons has that gain been confirmed on a dyno - same bike - same day????

Just curious mateVery Happy

RE: GEN II Exhaust options - BUSGO - 02-07-2008

The dyno chart is on the discussion about the R77 slip ons that I posted somewhere in the GEN II pages Bruce.
Admittedly it is a chart from the Yoshimura web site.
But I can vouch for the obvious increase in performance from seat of the pants experience.
The only drawback from the Yoshi cans is the very slight increase in bike vibration once you take the heavy stock mufflers off the bike.
I suspect that the OEM mufflers act as a sort of vibration eliminator simillar to the heavy bar ends that reduce harmonic vibration.

RE: GEN II Exhaust options - TimF - 02-07-2008

Here is charts from my K8 on the Springwood Suzuki (Brisbane) dyno. PC3 + Yoshi R77 full system. Stock air filter.

Click to view larger pic:

[Image: scan0002.jpg]

[Image: scan0001.jpg]

RE: GEN II Exhaust options - Glaz - 12-07-2008

G-Day all

I'm considering a pair of R77 S/S cans from Morepowerracing any idea of the weight saving over the stock unit.

Will the bike run lean and need a PC ?

and do the R77 have removable baffles ?

There only $700 from MPR and look quiet good with the carbon end caps so might grab a pair.

cheers
Party-smiley-018

RE: GEN II Exhaust options - spamanglenn - 12-07-2008

Wow 100ft/lbs from 5-10000.Impressive torque.I wonder if rob is paying attention to the air fuel graphs?

RE: GEN II Exhaust options - BUSGO - 12-07-2008

Glaz Wrote:G-Day all

I'm considering a pair of R77 S/S cans from Morepowerracing any idea of the weight saving over the stock unit.

Will the bike run lean and need a PC ?

and do the R77 have removable baffles ?

There only $700 from MPR and look quiet good with the carbon end caps so might grab a pair.

cheers
Party-smiley-018

G'day Glaz,
I have a pair of the R77s that you are considering.
They save 8kg and there are absolutely no electrical mods or fittings required. They bolt straight on and are self tuning for an outstanding improvement.
See my other discussion on fitting them and the outcome.
Of course the baffles should come out even before fitting them to the bike.
The baffles are a waste of good raw materials.
The sound and power boost are tremendous with these babies.

RE: GEN II Exhaust options - motoplast - 13-07-2008

[attachment=3381]
[attachment=3382]
[attachment=3383]
[attachment=3384]
[attachment=3385]
[attachment=3386]
Hi Guy's, I have just fitted up a full tianium TiForce 4 into 1 system on my L.E.. I am impressed with it's quality of build, weight saving and H.P. increase.
The stock system when parted weighs; Headers:7kg, LH Muffler:8kg, RH Muffler:8kg, total weight:23kg. TiForce total weight:5.5kg, that is a saving of 17.5kg's!!.
On the Dyno: I ran this bike in on the Dyno', and carried out a full power run using Shell "V Power" pump fuel with 12klms showing on the speedo', it recorded 201rwhp!, No PC111 fitted yet, waiting for that to turn up.
The system looks good, sounds good, comments so far: "I heard u coming, it's got a real deep rumble to it", "Make no mistake, u know it's a big bike coming at ya!". On the road, this bike pulls harder than a 14y.o. school boy, for a road bike, it has impressed me no end.
The titanium headers have turned a really nice blue/purple, it is important to wipe the headers down with "Prepsol" wax & Grease remover, prior to initial start up, otherwise the pipes will permanently stain with fingerprints etc.
I have enclosed a couple of pic's.

Cheers,
Tex & Bundy

RE: GEN II Exhaust options - larra - 14-07-2008

Impressive numbers, looks sweet tooPi_thumbsup

RE: GEN II Exhaust options - Glaz - 14-07-2008

Nice one Tex love to hear a sound clip...

Bundy on board at 280ks fark me thats one brave dog man.

RE: GEN II Exhaust options - Vandriver - 21-07-2008

tomrux Wrote:any gen1 will fit as well guys. bucket load lighter also.

Tom

Can you provide any further info? I thought there were some issues with no O2 sensors on gen 1 pipes and something else was in the way?

RE: GEN II Exhaust options - Dan85 - 21-07-2008

theres an issue around your belly wing i believe but you can trim plastics if you really want to. as far as the gen1 pipes being far lighter than the after market gen2 pipes i dont think there is any difference in weight. most aftermarket exhaust system dont use the stock o2 sensor anyway and your power commander will come with a plug to "cheat" the o2 sensor.

RE: GEN II Exhaust options - Vandriver - 21-07-2008

Dan85 Wrote:theres an issue around your belly wing i believe but you can trim plastics if you really want to. as far as the gen1 pipes being far lighter than the after market gen2 pipes i dont think there is any difference in weight. most aftermarket exhaust system dont use the stock o2 sensor anyway and your power commander will come with a plug to "cheat" the o2 sensor.

Thanks for the info, I'm surprised that more people have not done it already, with a ton of older pipes on Ebay, for much less.

RE: GEN II Exhaust options - Agostini - 07-08-2008

Hi mate's

I just have Hindle titanium full-system with titanium rear on my K8 and it just even sounds perfect...
We drive it in dyno in few weeks...then i get more info about it...and ofcourse some photos..
My busa has been drivin about 14500km this summer in Europe and and here in Finland..
Love the bike...it's perfect...for me =)
Just drive it in airport in Joensuu distance 1.8km and full speed 311km/h // 194.375mph
and it was bone stock bike.....wouh I like it...(this before Hindle assembly)

-Ago-