Tinted tail lights
is there anyway i can tint my existing rear indicators? or do i have to buy tinted ones? cheers
Regards

Dan
Dan,
Supercheap etc sell spray tint that goes over the outside of the lens, it was all the rage with the ricers before the clear lens fad kicked in.
thanks bruce doe it look any good or is it shit house?
Regards

Dan
I once used that stuff tinted my cars tailights I was happy with the results important to do it a light coat at a time until you achieve required results also never noticed it wear off but my car wasn't the cleanest :)
I would just go with the superbodies kit.
Hey Dan,

I've got a hotbodies rear light tint kit you can buy from me if you like?

I didnt like the look of them, myself but my loss is your gain!!

Simon
ive already come up with a different solution Simon sorry mate. someone here will buy em off u tho
Regards

Dan
Dan85 Wrote:ive already come up with a different solution Simon sorry mate. someone here will buy em off u tho

so waht did ya do Dan?
[Image: b76e01eb-552d-45d5-97df-028004b674c3_zps59f1c171.jpg]

Busa's yeah i guess i like them I've owned a few Pi_tongue
jeez keep us hangin!!
here yous go
Regards

Dan
did you get someone to tint the existing ones with film?
/
that looks fantastic Dan nice work mate!
Busa Greavett Wrote:Hey Dan,

I've got a hotbodies rear light tint kit you can buy from me if you like?

I didnt like the look of them, myself but my loss is your gain!!

Simon

I'm interested if you still have it. PM me with a price. Pi_thumbsup
Great looks Dan, how did you do it ?
cost about $35 from super cheap auto. if you wanna do that or something similiar you will need:
1, black spray can that will adhere to plastic(any colour you want really)
2, clear coat spray can
3, roll of thin detail tape or pin striping what ever its f*&^ing called.
4, a large cardboard box(you will understand later)
5, some 2000 grit wet/dry to surface the existing indicators

all i did was put a few lines of the tape down then lightly sanded over the top of it all the so remaining clear bits stays unsanded. then washed the lot with sugar soap sorta thing. then a number of very light coats of black allowing each coat to slightly dry then add another untill the whole lot is covered. remove tape and stick them in the card board box close it up and put it in the sun for a few hours to allow it to dry. then as many coats of clear as you want and back into the box in the sun. the box by the way keeps dust/shit off the paint while its drying and also keeps it all nice and warm. you could do any patern you want just be carefull to make sure you allow enough light to come out as this way what ever is painted black doesnt light up at all unlike tint. the way i have mine passed rego inspection so must be ok. not everyones cup of tea but like i said can do any pattern you want thats why i liked this way as you can be very individual
Regards

Dan