Eats Busa's for breakfast.....
Saw this clip on the Jay Leno wewbsite, it would be nice to see what it could do at the drags..

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/vide...vid=188107
This is the bike that all the n00b keyboard warriors go on about whenever someone asks "whats the fastest bike"

The thing is rubbish. Any turbo busa would slay it bad. Sure it has good pickup in terms of top speed, but they reckon its incredibly docile up to 100mph. There is no way this thing will beat a decent busa over the 1/4mile + the whole jet engine noise would grow old after 5 minutes.

I also love the 'theoretical' top speed crap. You can't say "oh it could do 450km/hr theoretically". If it can't do it, it aint got shit. What I find amazing about these bikes, is they never really pit them against 'real' bikes so to speak. They rave on about how quick it is, but have they ever taken it to the strip? any races on the net showing how quick it is besides the silly jet races...comeon!

Magilla Wrote:Saw this clip on the Jay Leno wewbsite, it would be nice to see what it could do at the drags..

so angry young joshPi_tongue

that bike is all about top speed. some quatrer mile times have been mid 10's. from memory the bike as always sold jsut as a top speed blaster and everythign else was compromised for it. i think you will find also that alot of the talk about theoretical performance is because anyone who canafford the 1/4 million to buy a bike that is primarily useless except for showing off and top speed runs probably isnt interested in taking it to the 1/4 mile or for that matter exploring its true to speed potential. wouldnt say no if someone wanted to give me oneGhastly anyone........anyone at all?
Regards

Dan
If you put $165,000 dollars into an 2008 busa you would definatley
have a better bike
who the f*** can afford $185,000 for a bike.

LIVE TO RIDE AND RIDE TO LIVE

LET THOSE WHO RIDE DECIDE
Who cares

LIVE TO RIDE AND RIDE TO LIVE

LET THOSE WHO RIDE DECIDE
Just make sure u aint behind it when it gets hot ...
One ran at the Bonneville salt flats this year, never reached its full potential ... air intake is behind the front wheel , lots of salt comes off the front wheel .....
http://www.landracing.com/mambots/conten...height,480
We had that trouble the the F3 Tornados in Saudi Arabia.
Had to modify the intakes to deflect the sand on the runways.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
copperjosh Wrote:This is the bike that all the n00b keyboard warriors go on about whenever someone asks "whats the fastest bike"

The thing is rubbish. Any turbo busa would slay it bad. Sure it has good pickup in terms of top speed, but they reckon its incredibly docile up to 100mph. There is no way this thing will beat a decent busa over the 1/4mile + the whole jet engine noise would grow old after 5 minutes.

I also love the 'theoretical' top speed crap. You can't say "oh it could do 450km/hr theoretically". If it can't do it, it aint got shit. What I find amazing about these bikes, is they never really pit them against 'real' bikes so to speak. They rave on about how quick it is, but have they ever taken it to the strip? any races on the net showing how quick it is besides the silly jet races...comeon!

Magilla Wrote:Saw this clip on the Jay Leno wewbsite, it would be nice to see what it could do at the drags..

I didnt wanna post shit but i thought i better give an insight.
I got all the stats in some magazines which im goin to go look
for now and if my memory serves
me correctly the best time i can recall is 9.5 at a pretty crazy
155 mph. Thats pretty good i think..Dont get me wrong,ive seen
maj cross the line past me at 161 *shakes fist* hahaha

I dont know the weight,but im 100 percent sure there 250 kw
an make a whopping 450 odd nm of torque. Thats what happens
whens your motor is pretty much 1 big turbo hahaaha.

Josh i think thats the best thing about the bike,oh god
the noise!!! Imagine doing fly bys on people.Eek
Ugly bike though..
An cant run on street fuel,needs a mix of all sorts of shit...
I thought its bad enough having to get the mixtures right
on 2 stroke dirtbike,il be damned if i forked 180 grand(u.s) to be doing the same thing...
That's almost annoying as Jay leno Pi_freak
never fly higher than your angel.
seen a you tube vid the other day, it ran on diesel, i think they're all like that
cheers & beers at xmas
ride safeBiker
& watch out forPolice
[Image: 583b3abf-1.jpg]
Hi there,

As far as I can recall Jay was called out by The Motorhead who was supposed to have some uber powerful Hayabusa. Jay did not take the challenge with the Y2K. From standstill until the jet could get some decent intake velocity it would be killed by the Hayabusa.

Jet Fuel is by and large kerosene, with additives largely to drive off water. My Dad used to work for BP and they had a special tablet they used to chuck in the tanker just for testing for water.
This bike is all noise, for 180K US$ you can buy almost 17 hayabusa's there. its just 10,700+ rego which is some 450 to 500 USD. (I own a US Hayabusa 04 Limited Red - bought new).

The concept is good, but it cannot go long distance as this thing drinks its special fuel like water. so you dont get decent long distance unless you refill this thing - a stock Busa will beat this machine just because of the fact that this bikes need refilling and it cannot cover the distance.

I would invest some 30K in my first generation in some great exaust, Carbon Wheels, Turbo and other weight saving devices......BTW 30K is a bit too much _ I may end up saving few thousand.....

Cheers,

Bill
I checked the 2008 Guiness Book of Records while waiting in line in Target the other day... Y2K was there as the most expensive bike, but guess what's still the fastest??

Trophy
jay leno did not buy this bike to dragrace.lol. he bougt it fer 'poser value'.with the money he has if he wanted to(he wont be allowed fer contract reasons of his TV shows)he would get a topfuel or something.