Need to check your speed
This is a good price for the Uniden GPS great for adjusting your speed i have one for that reason its probely a good idea if a few of you get together and buy one between you as once you set your speed up corect not realy much use so cambera riders could buy one to share along with Sydney and brisbane

Uniden GPS
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Hey Rod does it record top speed ?
If so when you come up to brissy i'll take you out on our cannonball
run & i'll try it out on my turbo hehe

shane
[Image: b76e01eb-552d-45d5-97df-028004b674c3_zps59f1c171.jpg]

Busa's yeah i guess i like them I've owned a few Pi_tongue
sounds good but i dont thik it records top speed but i would have to read book to be sure i just got mine to adjust speedo Pi_thumbsup
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
GPS is only accurate/measures to 10 metres so at slow speeds GPS is not accurated at measuring speed until probably about 170 kmh plus and you need a fast processor in the unit to acheive this of minimum 450 plus.

I modified a guys speedo on his bike and this is how it looks;

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t31/s...Speedo.jpg

Ghastly

But the first paragraph is true.
Hey Guy's, from my workshop experience, most modern bikes read 10% fast (ballpark only). I calibrate electronic speedo's using an over the counter electronic adjuster called a "yellow box". I fit it to the bike, then run the bike up on the Dyno' read the speed from the Dyno' and adjust the yellow box accordingly. Although the roller on the Dyno' is calibrated and correct, u will never get ur speedo' to read 100% accurate 100% across the speed range, that's a fact of life!, furthermore, if u change tyres or as ur tyre wears then the accuracy of the speedo' is out the window!. However, once adjusted, ur true speed will be much closer to what the speedo' reads than it was before calibration. Hope that helps.Very Happy

Cheers,
Tex & Bundy
Everybody dies, not Everybody lives !!
There is no substitute for grunt !!
Every boy needs more than one toy !!

I've got a Garmin 60CSx hand held GPS. I specifically bought it for other reasons but it shows & records speeds. Including top speed reached in a specific trip.

I've had it in the car & checked the speed it was showing compared to the overhead "Speed Checks" on the highway & it's pretty accurate at every speed I've looked at.
The info does say that this particular model has a high sensitivity receiver to enable tracking in areas of poor satellite access. I think this must work cause there are heaps of times when I have it on in the car & the built-in car SatNav looses contact with the satellites but my hand held is still tracking no probs.
It also says that it's positioning accuracy is within 3m
Yeah, modern quality GPS units are the go, Garmins excellent bike GPS, the Zumo records top speed and times etc.

Cheers,
Tex & Bundy
Everybody dies, not Everybody lives !!
There is no substitute for grunt !!
Every boy needs more than one toy !!

TheShredder Wrote:Hey Rod does it record top speed ?
If so when you come up to brissy i'll take you out on our cannonball
run & i'll try it out on my turbo hehe

shane

yeahi have one and it holds top speed ShaneEgyptian