Adjustable lowering links
Just feedback on these adjustable lowering links.I timed myself for the first adjustment from full low to stock height on the side stand.It took 17 minutes.This will get faster but it is done without a jack or paddock stand and you don,t have to do a full height lift.Hence 4 inches low to 2 inches low may take 10 minutes so you can safely ride home.2 19mm spanners are all thats required.Yes they are dear but they are very convenient.I got mine from shayne at cyanide racing,spencer cycles also sells them in the US.
Glen just be very fussy about making the adjustments even, mark one of the sides on eack adjuster.
They do work well,i'm a little annoyed that i may have to sell mine ,as the new swingarm has bracing that will only allow a flat plate type link.
Half a turn each side is what i,m doing but i see your point,potentially a dangerous situation if you,re not careful.

spaman.
Have heard of them snapping (on road not strip), due to uneven length?
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
One of the dot org boys had a bit of a scare when a link broke. At first they thought it was a faulty link but eventually it was discovered the link was bolted up hard so it couldn't pivot. There needs to be some clearance to the bush to allow free movement, this goes for standard Dog Bones as they can fail as well.

http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/inde...c=117277.0

Chris do you know the circumstances where the Links broke on the street?

I would imagine a max of 0.5-1.0mm variance wouldn't bother it too much as the knuckle pivots as well, anything more would be a worry. I would probably recommend swapping back to the standard links though on extended rides especially on were bumpy roads could be expected. reason being there is less material in the threaded section to the standard Dog Bones.
Shayne
I did the road to broke and back yesterday and lowered it back tonight and the threads were fine.Its alot quicker to lower and raise if you remove the lower wing.Those shinkos are sticky but suck for turn in,they feel like a rocking horse(always want to return to upright).
Arh yeah Shinkos suck for cornering, found they could hold an alright line depending how hard you leaned in. I ride like a granny so it wasn't a big issue, LOL!!
Shayne
I remember reading (on .org, I think), that some links snapped when they were used with a GSXR600 swingarm, but otherwise they're great.

Mine take a 11/16ths to adjust. I guess 19mm is close.
It was a while back Shane, in USA, i'm guessing that something must have been amiss because with the proper torque on the bolts, the bolt bush length won't allow the bones to contact the castings and lock up.

BTW PM me for a price on those adjusties, i'm imay be interested in a pair.
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"