Flamin Foggy Visor
Anyone got any tips for an inexperienced northerner on how to stop the bloody visor fogging up without actually keeping it open & freezing my face of....... No one warned me about the flamin winter before I moved down here. Take me back to Brissy, never had this damn problem up there !!!!!!!!
Extend your top lip out and bottom lip in, then breathe downwards
Very Happy
pan Wrote:Extend your top lip out and bottom lip in, then breathe downwards
Very Happy

Tried that Pan. In the slightly warmer times that works great, but when I'm wearing the neck warmer it fills the gap & so all the breath just blows straight back up into the helmet.
There are several "fixes" available from bike shops, but in my opinion none are a wonder cure. Try a little aerosol can of anti-fog, you spray it on the inside of your visor and wipe dry with a tissue.
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
listen...stop ya frikkin complainin or got back over the border.
Its no big fuckin deal.
After a while you get used to it.
And anyway it only gets real cold down here for about 6 months a year..
[Image: geldr.gif]
You can get what is called a "pinlock" anti fog screen to fit inside your visor.
I don't need one and don't have one but they are supposed to be great.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Hi Louwai,
Have tied just about everything because I live here in bloody cold Armidale, the best thing so far has been a product called FOG TECH.
It comes in a little pack that contains a wipe that you use to apply it to the inside of your visor. Not sure where you get it from as I bought it off a Ulysses guy that came to a meeting here a few months back. I think he was going to market it here as it comes from the USA. It is great, hope you can get hold of some.
Gaz
You could try a "Fog off". they work as a neck warmer but go up over your nose and have a vented Snorkel thingy that directs your breath out the bottom of your helmet. I've been using one for years and swear by them.
normallg go for around $40 at most bike shops
Working in the industry the only thing I use and recommend as we have never had a complaint is a "FogCity" Anti Fog visor insert.Trophy

This is a permanent solution once applied correctly. One thing to watch out 4 is storing your gloves inside the helmet. Be sure to leave the visor open if you do this as the velcro or road grime from your gloves could scratch it as it would your visor.

Available in clear, tinted, amber or light sensitive. 2 Styles, either universal or ARAI fitments. For those that don't know, ARAI have the brow vents hence tyhe different fit.

K
I bought a Nolan N102 flip as a 2nd helmet (and to try the N-com gear) and it comes with the pinlock anti fog screen.
All I can say is it's awesome. No fogging.......at all...
I love my shoei but I'm willing to put up with a bit of extra wind noise (earplugs fix that) and extra weight for the benefits of:

flip up face - No need to take of the lid for secpol when I go on base and easy to have a drink with the helmet on at rest stops etc.
no fogging - Well I do live in Melbourne!!!
great integrated flip up sun-visor.
Thanks guys. Some good info. I'll be looking into a few of those during the week. If I can see where I'm going.
maggot Wrote:You could try a "Fog off". they work as a neck warmer but go up over your nose and have a vented Snorkel thingy that directs your breath out the bottom of your helmet. I've been using one for years and swear by them.

I can honestly say I've never seen one of these. Any east side bike shops you know of that have them????
maggot Wrote:You could try a "Fog off". they work as a neck warmer but go up over your nose and have a vented Snorkel thingy that directs your breath out the bottom of your helmet. I've been using one for years and swear by them.

what he said mate :) I have one as well - wouldn't be with out in this cold!
where abouts in Vic are you? I know bike mart in ringwood used to stock them so did Jeffrey honda and a couple of the other dealerships in Ferntree gully.
I'm heading out to buy a new one this week (had it in my backpack and made the stupid mistake of doing both zips up to the middle so it opened and I lost everything out of it) I'll check if bikemart still stock them as its on my way into work.
see if they sell the snorkel thingys - I lost mine :/ using something else to replace it but its not really working all that well :)