Busa to be discontinued for 2008
hi guys not sure if anyone else can confirm this, but I was just speaking to Peter Major (president of Motorcycle Riders Association of the ACT) & he said that the 2007 Busa is the last production year for the Busa and will be discontinued next year, suzuki are apparently releasing a new line up of motorcycle models. I'm not sure how accurate this is, but i'd gobsmacked if this is truly the case.

To be honest I would not be suprised as amid all the rumours of a new model and shit, we still have not seen 1 leak!!!! i mean comeon...nothing but photoshopped images and a tidier copper coloured model.

Information always gets leaked out to the public with this sort of shit...starting to consider that this may not see any further busa's at all...

Thoughts?
Hope its not nicknamed fizzer.
copperjosh Wrote:hi guys not sure if anyone else can confirm this, but I was just speaking to Peter Major (president of Motorcycle Riders Association of the ACT) & he said that the 2007 Busa is the last production year for the Busa and will be discontinued next year, suzuki are apparently releasing a new line up of motorcycle models. I'm not sure how accurate this is, but i'd gobsmacked if this is truly the case.

To be honest I would not be suprised as amid all the rumours of a new model and shit, we still have not seen 1 leak!!!! i mean comeon...nothing but photoshopped images and a tidier copper coloured model.

Information always gets leaked out to the public with this sort of shit...starting to consider that this may not see any further busa's at all...

Thoughts?

Haven't heard Josh, but if that is the case, maybe you and I should hang onto our bikes - they'll be a real investment!

hmmm, of course, I'd have to start cooking for myself...

A
cooking for ya self aint that hard ;) its the washing up after Very Happy
Ha,that would be ironary.After all these years of speculations of the new model,would suzuki actually discontinue the busa?
Personally i dont think so,i still think the rolling gear off the B king will be the basis of the new hire bus,but we will have to wait and see.
Im wondering why the head of the MRA in the ACT would know these things anyway??????Confused
[Image: CA2BIZED.jpg] BACK IN BLACK!!!
Pete is friends with everyone and he knows STUFF. I have never met a guy who can network like this one. I trust him implicitly to represent the needs of motorcyclists in the ACT in a fair and reasonable manner, we are damn lucky to have him.

Personally, I don't think he is right, but I'm willing to bet that if he said that he has an impeccable source!
no more Bus...
that would be very sad in my opinion.
would shock a lot of people...what then.
Is there life after the Bus?
What would come close to it as a great allrounder?
Absolute nonsense in my opinion. Heres why:

The Hayabusa has been a winning combination with great worldwide support. Why throw away a model that has been so popular unlike the ZX12?

If 2007 were the last busas, prices of them worldwide should be flying through the roof to get them, instead its the opposite, '07 models are practically being given a way at near cost prices.

Suzuki intends to answer the ZX14 challenge, neither any gixxer or B-King is the answer, only a better busa and I have no doubt that is whats coming.

In around 2 weeks at the LA show we "may" finally see some answers.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
I think that is the best news for a long time. Why spoil the Reputation of the Busa with a tarted up imposter, glad they are going to call its replacement something else!

Suzuki tried to continue the Katana name with some lame replacements which never really hit the mark. Long live theoriginal Busa.
Shayne
Well.............seems like two impeccable sources are at odds with each other...........Volvi's source says yay...............the Canberra bloke says nay.......Lol3
Never ride the A model of anything.
Wouldn,t worry me or easyrider for that matter.Stock tlr,s are still fetching 11-13k because there is no later model.My vfr,s value went to shit with the supposedly worse vtec,s release.No matter what people say about older gsxr750,s being better at this or that soon enough its just considered and old superceded model worth nothing.I hope its true for resale and for the fact that theres enough parts out there to create a very up to date busa if you want.Long life the aftermarket.If not I,ll look forward to lighning one up at the drags.
Volvi might be right, Suzuki may want to hitch its sales machine onto the Hayabusa wagon and reap sales success from the instant cred and name recognition.

Then again, as aBusa mentioned they did treat the iconic 'Katana' name with reverence and nostalgic respect. They also did it with the TLR - which as Glenn mentions above, have retained their value very nicely as a result. So maybe they will let the Hayabusa name rest on it's laurels and retire gracefully as well. I've always believed the fairing shape was the heart of the Hayabusa - donks and mechanicals you can always change, but its the shape and the 'look' that make a busa. I'm not sure Suzuki would retain a bike that barely changes fairing shape between model runs. Lets face it, if Suzuki takes the purist view, 8 years is a bloody long time to have a bike on sale that has remained essentially the same... so maybe ... yeah... let it fade into history.

The production line stops, but the legend lives on ? Who knows. Frankly, not worrying me either way. I'm in love with mine and have no plans to upgrade anyway.
Oh... and another interesting statistic. In terms of the total number of bikes produced in a particular colour combination.... guess which Suzuki's are the rarest ???

Yup... #1 is the 2004 Black / Purple Hayabusa and #2 is 1999 Copper / Silver Hayabusa. These are the only two colour combinations that Suzuki has never used before (or since) on any model of any bike they've ever produced. Both these colour combo's were only in production for one year, but there were more Copper/Silvers produced in 1999 than Black/Purples in 2004.

All other colour schemes used on Hayabusa's either have had more bikes produced or Suzuki has used the same colour combo's on another model within their range over the years.

At last... we Black / Purples are on top !
Astrobusa Wrote:Oh... and another interesting statistic. In terms of the total number of bikes produced in a particular colour combination.... guess which Suzuki's are the rarest ???

Yup... #1 is the 2004 Black / Purple Hayabusa and #2 is 1999 Copper / Silver Hayabusa. These are the only two colour combinations that Suzuki has never used before (or since) on any model of any bike they've ever produced. Both these colour combo's were only in production for one year, but there were more Copper/Silvers produced in 1999 than Black/Purples in 2004.

All other colour schemes used on Hayabusa's either have had more bikes produced or Suzuki has used the same colour combo's on another model within their range over the years.

At last... we Black / Purples are on top !

Interesting info Astro, don't suppose you know actual #'s sold of those colours in Australia?
Open to anything.
Interesting to note that Honda dropped the arse out of the the XX blackbird prices at the start of the year (cheaper than the VFR, which coincidentally also dropped in price by @ $3k). Honda released a media statement last moth stating that they will not be selling the Blackbird in Australia as of 2008.
Many are waiting for the same to happen to the VFR.

Big price drops can sometimes be the pre-cursor to bigger news......