ADOBE FLASH PLAYER
ok gurus of the internet world I am trying to download flash player it says it has downloaded but still wont play any flash videos i look into my control panel in the add / remove program section and i isnt even there I keep getting an ActiveX yellow bar across my screen so to me it seems to be getting blocked somehow even thou i have set all the active x controls correctly and the download promp settings I am lost Help me GURUS OF THE INTERNET WORLD
dude - its called using internet explorer which = the sux! IE is blocking you from running it and probly from the sounds of it - installing it.

flash player is an add-on for internet browsers - however... Internet Explorer (EXPLODER?) sux dog balls!

go here: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

install fire fox & then you wont have anywhere near half the problems IE gives you. Firefox will get flash player for you as well when & if it needs it
that is exactly what is going on but i dont understand why all of a sudden it would shut down on me like this i have been using flash player for ages all of You Tube is flash player so i am downloading this fox thingy now so be prepared for some questions as i said with the slow sever problem dont f*** with it if it aint broke well this is broke so i gotta try something out side my comfort zone
tools/internet options/advanced/reset all settings.
I am using ie 7
dload it if you don't have that version.
Don't listen to Raz...!
Raz you telling me that all pages with Firefox load exactly the way they did in ie before?
Are you telling me that you don't have any issues at all with any fonts or page layouts with Firefox?
And all plugins that suit ie work fine for Firefox?

Because it didn't when I tried.
ie7 is almost the same as Firefox now but works on everything.
Haven't had any issues with it at all.
And I'm on 24/7
DjPete Wrote:tools/internet options/advanced/reset all settings.
I am using ie 7
Don't listen to Raz...!
Raz you telling me that all pages with Firefox load exactly the way they did in ie before?
Are you telling me that you don't have any issues at all with any fonts or page layouts with Firefox?

And I'm on 24/7

slyfox sucks big time it has no favourites or nuttin i agree pete I want my IE back and runing just dont know why it brokeded
xhiler8r Wrote:
DjPete Wrote:tools/internet options/advanced/reset all settings.
I am using ie 7
Don't listen to Raz...!

And I'm on 24/7

slyfox sucks big time it has no favourites or nuttin i agree pete I want my IE back and runing  just dont know why it brokeded

????? what i'm running it, never had any issues and I just imported all my favorites directly into firefox without any hassles. loads more control and options without all the microsoft IE bullshit. I'm with Raz on this on IE sux balls.
ok hit me with the benefits again??

This summarises my thoughts (from another post)
IE 7 doesn't get nearly enough credit for how much of an improvement it really is, and I have to say that if I was using Windows I would use it over Firefox without a question. I really like the interface of IE 7 better, as it is a very minimal UI that leaves the maximum room for webpage viewing.

I also think that IE 7 has tabbed browser implemented better than in Firefox 2. I like how you don't have to go to the file menu every time you want to open a new tab -- it's right there at your disposal. Quick tabs is a really nice feature too, especailly when you have a lot of tabs open like I've been known to do.

Another great thing about IE 7 is the obvious: compatability. It's very rare that you see a site that says "This site will only work in Mozilla Firefox". This make for less frustration when browsing the web.

I like how the favorites menu is improved in IE 7 also. The little star next to the tabs is a great way of handling it so that it is always conveniently at your disposal, but not needlessly taking up space in the UI when it's not needed like with's Firefox's bookmarks toolbar.

I used to have a lot of fun bashing IE, but I can't do that anymore now that IE 7 is out. I think it's time that Firefox fans start to give credit where credit is due. If you ask me, Firefox is the most overrated browser available right now.
Ok I downloaded IE7 Pete but that sucked even more than firefox nothing worked so i dumped firefox on the hope that it would fix IE7 nope is the answer so i did all i could do and that was to restore my PC back to Last Saturday when everything was good ummm nope IE sucked big time so then I update IE again with the security update and walla all is up and running and my flash player works again oh btw flash player wasnt working of fox either I am gonna stick with Windows and be done with it it works for now and has done for years before
the long way but u got there.
DjPete Wrote:the long way but u got there.

I only ever do a system restore when i have tried everything else i tried and tried and it has been around 4 hours of trying Pi_freak and only 2 mins to restoreUndecided i might just go the restore from now on Clap
*breath*
system restore has saved me heaps of times too Bill.
i use IE7

when we write external websites we write for IE.  We did by a mac and test our sites with safari and firefox as well as doing the same on the pc.. The mac sat on my desk for 3 months, my testing included plugging it in, getting itunes up.. run  through each web page once without really looking for issues, then shutting it down while saying, screw you losers who insist on changing your browsers.  

There are no viruses for mac.. why.. cause no point spending your time writing a virus for 3 computers.
Why do people by pc's and not macs ?  Nobody writes software for mac

Why dont we care about none IE browsers, cause not many people use them.

From the 250,000 people that log in to our main secure site, there are only 12 not using explorer.

So far.. I have found no issue with IE7 and ive been using it since the day it was released.
[Image: bmr.gif]