tyres help me
metzeler m3 or michelin polit road not road2. which should i fit. i need  front & rear help me please. this busa has 15500 klms on it & has shit
a front wheelbearing. anything is posable hey
I personly think it comes down to trial and eror as we all have diferent riding pattens me at the moment not much you are going to get that much advice you want no wich way to turn personaly when i have had to change tyres i like to go for the pirelle and i hear the super coarsa is a good tyre
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
crispy Wrote:metzeler m3 or michelin polit road not road2. which should i fit. i need  front & rear help me please. this busa has 15500 klms on it & has shit

I'd just like to say that along with Pirelli Diablos being crap, so are Michelin pilot powers! The front end pushes at any decent sort of lean angle. My recommendations for tyres include Diablo Corsa, Avon Viper, Bridgestone 014 (I don't know what the latest brgidgy sticky is).
xocet Wrote:
crispy Wrote:metzeler m3 or michelin polit road not road2. which should i fit. i need front & rear help me please. this busa has 15500 klms on it & has shit

I'd just like to say that along with Pirelli Diablos being crap, so are Michelin pilot powers! The front end pushes at any decent sort of lean angle. My recommendations for tyres include Diablo Corsa, Avon Viper, Bridgestone 014 (I don't know what the latest brgidgy sticky is).
I normally run front Bridgestone 014 & rear 020 by 200Pi_thumbsup
014 wears a bit faster than 015 but sticks to the road real good, the 020 by 200, it looks real mean at 200 wide and last for ages and has good grip also, but they may have changed the pattern lately because they were lasting too long Eek
The Metzeller M3 and Z6 are both great tyres. They have the same long lasting but good grip compound but the patterns are different. The Z6 has better wet grip if you need it.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Go the metzeler m3 Pi_thumbsup
BRADDO

"May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch." Ghastly
xocet Wrote:
crispy Wrote:metzeler m3 or michelin polit road not road2. which should i fit. i need  front & rear help me please. this busa has 15500 klms on it & has shit

I'd just like to say that along with Pirelli Diablos being crap, so are Michelin pilot powers!  The front end pushes at any decent sort of lean angle.  My recommendations for tyres include Diablo Corsa, Avon Viper, Bridgestone 014 (I don't know what the latest brgidgy sticky is).

Nutsack try the bridgy 002s racing road,even better than the 014s.
The duke will Smitten you for it.Pi_thumbsup
[Image: CA2BIZED.jpg] BACK IN BLACK!!!
damnit, im agreeing with rocket. give the 002's a goPi_thumbsup
Corsa 3's from ..... ? bah you should know already :)
I continually read all these post about tyres, and for the life of me i cant figure out why? Its the same old same old every time. He says get this the other guy says that.

You asked a simple question which out of the metzler m 3or the Pilot road?

Pilot road are a good tyre (from my experience). I would wonder why you wouldn't consider the pilot road 2 though. I have now done probably 1500 k's on one and i' really impressed.

Here's the facts:
You want to race, buy a slick. Michelin slicks feel fantastic on a Busa.

You want fantastic dry weather grip for road use at the loss of wet weather traction. Check out the perelli corsa range, the pilot powers or some of the other so called sticky road tyres.

You want a good tyre that will perform well, wear well and be reliable???

CHECK YOUR TYRE PRESSURES REGULARLY
ADJUST YOUR SUSPENSION PRELOAD TO SUIT THE WEIGHT OF THE BIKE/RIDER/PASSANGER/GEAR COMBINATION.
AND ADJUST YOUR SUSPENSION COMP. AND REBOUND FOR THE WAY THAT YOU RIDE.

If you set your bike up properly you can get good life and good traction out or a pilot road or for that matter any sports touring tyre. Sure your not going to set the fastest laptime on them compared to a slick but if your bike is set up right you'll use all the tread from wall to wall and not come unstuck.

Eg, at the moment i am running a nearly shot bridgy 020 front and a 1500k old pilot road 2 rear. both are at 29psi for having a fang on the twisties and the suspension preload has been softened for just my weight, the compression has been raised at the rear one notch from my usual cruising setting and rebound dropped one to avoid to much kickin under acceleration. the front has had compression raised 2 and the rebound up one from cruising settings.

A handy hint is to make written notes of your suspension changes. like bike was pushing front end out under acceleration raised front rebound 1 dropped rear preload half turn. things like this tell you what it was doing what you tried and then you know where to go back and what works and doesnt.

Lower tyre pressures give poorer wear but increased grip and they reach temperature quicker. The catch is the lower the pressure the more the tyre flexes on a lean and you will find that the too much flex for your riding style and the tyre will scrub out very quickly. find the pressure that best suits your riding style and the amount of wear you want to get.

There is no right answer that any of us can give you about which tyre to get. It comes down to you, what you want to use it for and the way that you ride. You can stick a tyre used for Harley Davidson (Boat anchor) on a busa if you really want, just dont lean over. All i can suggest is that if you are really new discuss with the tyre dealer that your are going to purchase off the option of trading whatever you get at or before 1000 ks if you really dont like it. Some places will do this but expect to loose money in the process.

I doubt this helped you in the slightest, but at least you heard another opinion.
Geoff.
Im using the diablo corsa... I put them on new for Jindy and for me I think they were perfect.

Is there a tyre that would be good during this rain season though ? I do enough kays in a year that it wouldnt bother me to put a different set of tyres on during winter.
[Image: bmr.gif]
thanks peoples i order the michelin today. i let you now how i go when shes all back together as shes getting some love now oil,bearings,pipes,etc. i liked the idea of writing down the different suspension settings i try.
Quote Capebusa.
"If you set your bike up properly you can get good life and good traction out or a pilot road or for that matter any sports touring tyre. Sure your not going to set the fastest laptime on them compared to a slick but if your bike is set up right you'll use all the tread from wall to wall and not come unstuck.

Eg, at the moment i am running a nearly shot bridgy 020 front and a 1500k old pilot road 2 rear. both are at 29psi for having a fang on the twisties and the suspension preload has been softened for just my weight, the compression has been raised at the rear one notch from my usual cruising setting and rebound dropped one to avoid to much kickin under acceleration. the front has had compression raised 2 and the rebound up one from cruising settings. "

Whilst I acknowledge your personal preference for tyre pressures and selection Geoff, I should think that running any tyre on a busa at 29psi is way too low. I wouldn't recommend that pressure to any newbie or inexperience busa owner.

The recommended pressure for a hayabusa is 42psi front and back whether one or two up on standard suspension settings and stock tyres. For its intended purpose, a true sports tourer, these pressures are ideal and should only be adjusted down for heavier loads or for track work.
You are quite correct that by running the pressure low you work the heat in to the tyres quickly but any distance travelled at those pressures is going to reduce the lifespan and grip of the tyres dramatically. It could even lead to a blowout or tread separation over long distance.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
BUSGO Wrote:Whilst I acknowledge your personal preference for tyre pressures and selection Geoff, I should think that running any tyre on a busa at 29psi is way too low. I wouldn't recommend that pressure to any newbie or inexperience busa owner.

The recommended pressure for a hayabusa is 42psi front and back whether one or two up on standard suspension settings and stock tyres. For its intended purpose, a true sports tourer, these pressures are ideal and should only be adjusted down for heavier loads or for track work.
You are quite correct that by running the pressure low you work the heat in to the tyres quickly but any distance travelled at those pressures is going to reduce the lifespan and grip of the tyres dramatically. It could even lead to a blowout or tread separation over long distance.

Ok, very good point. Mentioning that I run 29psi front and rear is not a good thing to advertise on a forum where newbies might read it and think yeah sounds good and kill emselves. For those who don't know me, I weigh 70 kilos and ride like Speedy Gonzalez on heat.

For the newbies;

1. I would never ride at these pressures for a long distance, eg touring, or if I was carrying luggage or a passenger.
2. I check my tyre pressures every day when I am running them this low. Low pressures heat up quicker and get hotter making the compound softer, contact patch bigger, and allows for greater flex in tyre. Once at temperature they are about 32psi, a gain of 13psi. On the downside, when they cool they loose pressure from starting pressure. I have ridden (HARD) for 90ks and the next day had 27psi front and 26psi rear.
3. I check the condition of my tyres everyday. Inspecting for lateral tears, chunking, scalloping, ridging, cuts and wall damage.
4. Being treaded tyres, at these pressures there is a very real chance of delaminating or chunking of sections of tread. Known to be extremely dangerous, I am well aware of this risk when I choose these pressures.
5. I spend a great deal of time trialing and adjusting suspension settings appropriate to the tyre pressures that I run.

Basically, I know what I am doing running lower than recommended pressures and the risks involved, and I choose to accept them. I DO NOT recommend these pressures to beginners or persons with limited experience. If you donâ€t know what you are doing or have never been advised or taught on a track, or by a professional rider, than please follow the recommended tyre pressures as listed in the operating manual for your bike.

I apologise for the previous statements about tyre pressures and hope that nobody was STUPID enough to take it as advice.

Geoff

PS Busgo, I was bragging a bit. I gennerally run 32 to 34psi. I only run 29 for short preiods on special occasions. (like when some wanker says that their R1 can out perform my Hayabusa on a twisty road) Cant let them go on thinking that an R1 is better than a Busa now can I?
002s you say Rod. Well if I could find a decent tyre fitter in Canberra that fitted Bridgy's I'd give them a go. At this stage I'm going for the Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa. That's the best thing about living in Canberra. You can fit the super-est stickiest rubber/silicon and not have to worry about wearing a flat spot in the tyre centre. The roads are so cold you hardly heat the tyre up at all!

Next year I will either be in Brisbane or Melbourne. I'll fit Bridgy's then. Until then I've gotta give the Pirelli Supercorsas a go. If they're good enough for the 1098, they might just work on the 998. I've also got to get my twitchy suspension set up. I've had a gut full of my tyre wear patterns. Want to know more? Check out the new threaad....