Coffs Harbour 2007
I am quite flatterred to be asked to help run a NSW based convention for the club.
I have copied this post from the Jindy 07 discussion so that we can start fresh.

As I have already said, I had plans of hosting a big weekend in Coffs Harbour in late September or early October and this still stands. Whether it becomes an official club convention or even is a suitable time for people to go is still to be decided.

I suppose the interest shown by members once the date is set will determine if it is a convention or not.

PAN, has offerred to help run a Northern NSW based convention and he and I need to discuss what we can do. (We both have full time jobs and families to consider as well).

If Coffs Harbour is too far away from where you live, I am sorry but it will favour others who have been too far away from Jindy in the past.

If you come from the south, there are tons of good roads to get up there. All it takes is a day or two.

I also had an idea to host the weekend on the week before the MotoGP which would give anyone lucky enough to do both to meet up with others in Coffs and travel back to P.I. with them.
I don't know if I'll have time to do both Coffs and the Island, I'll just have to wait and see.

The ideas that I have expressed here are just some pre - planning thoughts and I am very open to both Coffs at the time that I have already planned and maybe Mudgee later in the year.
Mudgee is quite a good destination as well and I have been out that way many times before.

Pan and I and any other willing helpers, need to settle on a weekend to base the event where it is suitable to us to be able to commit fully to making it work.

Once we have some formula to work with, we'll post up the proposal for consideration by the members who are interested in attending.

I am a firm believer in letting "Those that ride, decide".
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Hi Ray
Coffs Harbour Book me in.Yes Pi_thumbsup
BRADDO

"May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch." Ghastly
Count me in too.
I'll help out with organising Pi_thumbsup
Book me in, though I'm definitely going to the Island for the GP, paid money and bookings have been made.

If I can help I certainly will, just a pm or email away.

Good luck with the planning, you have a large job and plenty of time to get it going.

Cheers

Max:ausflag:Hayabusabusa::ausflag:
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
have fun guys!! :) there are some great roads up there - just all back as well ;)
Sign me up for a weekend at Coffs as well :ausflag:
Coffs is good for me Busgo. Just depends on the timing. If we can converge on a date soon, then I can plan that pesky work stuff around it. I am sure Viffa Boy will be interested as he always enjoys playing with the big kids.
get the dates sorted and I will try to make it up there... cause it would be no fun without me
[Image: bmr.gif]
Ok, things are starting to look good.
Pan and I are looking at Friday the 5th and Saturday the 6th of OCTOBER THIS YEAR.

It is the weekend after the NSW long weekend and the weekend before the MOTOGP at Phillip Island.

I have found a motel with 100 beds shared between 44 rooms and they are all available at the moment. The dining room seats 60 comfortably and the room rate includes a full cooked breakfast each morning.
The motel is a short walk to the main shopping centre and close to pubs and clubs.
Once PAN and I have a chance to confirm that it is suitable, I will post up the details.

The week we have planned is in the NSW school holidays period, so we will have to make a reservation for at least 20 rooms as early as possible. The prices that they have sent me apply to groups with at least 20 room confirmations only.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Had a look Busgo.
I say go ahead and take the next step toward making a booking! Pi_thumbsup Pi_thumbsup

It looks great. Just wonder whether it's worth booking room only and letting people choose if they want the breakfast or not, as quite a few seemed to sleep in at Jindy and missed it... Confused
Your point is exactly what Pan? Some of us need our beauty sleep, let me assure you!Pi_freak

Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Madmax Wrote:Your point is exactly what Pan? Some of us need our beauty sleep, let me assure you!Pi_freak

Some of you have been deprived of your beauty sleep for some time now if you ask me
[Image: bmr.gif]