Joining the MCC of NSW.
I have a friend who is on the executive of the Motorcycle Council of NSW and over the past few months we have been discussing the merits of having our club registered with the MCC.

The federal govmint has this year granted an extra $1.3m to the MCC for a taskforce with fulltime researchers to look into accidents/safety.

Locally, the MCC has been working with RTA,Police and the Hornsby Council on the upgrading of The Old Rd (you may have ridden on some of the new tar over the weekend) etc.

So, If you are happy for the club to have a representative at the MCC monthly meetings or not post up and see what the general concensus is.

I would be happy to be the club's representative at these meetings and to post a monthly rundown(sticky) so we can discuss and any feedback will be put forward for discussion at MCC meetings.

Cheers Ruffy (John) Nerd
Is the MCC in every state?

One other point is that were not a registered club as such.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
why aren't we registered? having such large numbers and all.
shouldn't we become registered? what's involved?
I think thats heading down the road of being like net rider... and its more cost to the club
why register? then you have to have an audited account with paid membership and registered at the tax office, a committee, agm and elections, regular committee meetings with minutes taken blah blah, for what? to post on a forum?
KISS.....

Keep It Simple Stupid. as the saying goes.
There are too many motorcycle clubs out there putting their 2 cents worth in already.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
yeah - let them say what they want - coz either way its my life & I'll do what I want to anyway hehehe :)
i was a member of clubs years ago and attended the mcc meeting as a rep. these councils are good for all of us but to envolve everyone with agm's and minutes is too much work as we are aust wide...as ray said ...kiss...we are only a forum....shit hot forum at that....
true dat, ture dat.
Volvi Wrote:why register? then you have to have an audited account with paid membership and registered at the tax office, a committee, agm and elections, regular committee meetings with minutes taken blah blah, for what? to post on a forum?

I agree with you Volvi,the world is already full of over regulation.
Do we need it here for this club and on this forum?
[Image: CA2BIZED.jpg] BACK IN BLACK!!!
I agree with Volvi and Rocket.
The last thing I would want to be involved with would be yet another group wankers. It is pretty obvious what riders want. Safe roads for a start. Shouldn't need another faction of motorcycling to say the same thing "ok now you need to introduce some more rules to save me from myself..."
No thanks, not for me.
+ 1

If we want a voice, we can join a registered club and do it via them.
in Victoria we have the MRA and basically they are our lobby group against legislators, and makes sense to belong to them, tho they have had alot of political infighting last few years, dunno if its all clear now.
Ruffy,
Hope this doesn't look like we are all going for your jugular!
Appreciate the offer but I tend to agree.
One of the main goals of this Forum (It's not really a Club as such but don't tell anyone!) is to keep it simple.
We are not into getting involved in meetings, reports and the like.

Please don't take this the wrong way.
We DO appreciate your input never the less.
Dj is right Ruffy. Nothing personal mate. And it is great that you want to be proactive.

Whatever floats your boat. Great that you are enthusiastic about riding and fighting for your rights..

Me, I can't even remember what the bike looks like.... was it a busa or a viffer or what??....