Wheelies ...
I know we've discussed this before but after watching the Mach 3 video (Fast Bikes: Busa Vs ZX12 Vs Blackbird) it just seems silly easy. Frosty bollocks does it it for about 60 seconds at one stage ...

Anyone got Busa wheelies down to a fine art..? buggered if i can ..
I have a theory on why girls can't wheelie.

When we were small girls were given a Malvern Star and boys were given a BMX. YOU CAN'T WHEELIE A MALVERN STAR!! Then boys were given a Peewee 50 and girls were given the Barbie-fuckin-townhouse.

YOU CAN'T WHEELIE THE BARBIEFUCKENTOWNHOUSE!

I know you are all going to leap on me with examples of girls you have seen doing wheelies, but ask the girls you know who ride.

I have a mate with a dirt bike and a stretch of road. I am going to master this thing.

HEIDI xxx

P.S. I have heard it described that wheeling the bus is like wheeling a block of flats.
FOX-The busa is easy to mono but an absolute pig to find a balance point.

As I live for hoonish activities I can recommend the following:
airbox/gps/full system/remap/etc
43 tooth rear sprocket
7 mm shorter dogbones
long stretch of deserted road.

This combo will mono in 1st & 2nd with throttle and in 3rd off bumps in road.
Accelerate up to 4g in 1st, back off throttle (forks will compress), as forks start to rebound WHACK throttle on SMOOTHLY and if you haven't landed on your arse congrats.
Always cover your rear brake in case things get to high.
The backoff revs vary with fuel load and gear but this is what works for me.
The bike seems balanced when it is high enough for me to look through as opposed to over the screen.
The best street mono artist is ron from balls.
he is brilliant and can mono anything.
I guess the secret is to conquer your fear and to expand your safety zone.

Nice shot of Balls on the front of last Performance Streetbike with front wheel in the air, and he looks so comfortable...
I recon that the busa is good for wheelies use the power of the motor I've found that using the clutch method is a bit too sudden and the back torque limiter in the clutch complains too much it bangs in and out. If you just set of in 1st gear at a fast pace get your self squared up on the bike and just twist on the throttle (that is take it round more than you normally do ) it will launch and its so much more smoother and controllable and you can keep it there under power or once its up there you can blip the throttle and keep it there under the rev limiter (it comes down real quick when it hits that)or if you practice enough change gears mind you just before the limiter its doing around 130kph thats enough to smoke up the front wheel on re-entry (ha ha) and has covered about 200 metres this method will give you a better feel for the bike its not so sudden try it on an uphill a few times GOOD LUCK

P.S I recon that dragsters do good wheelies
and as far as the BARBIEFUCKIN TOWNHOUSE the devorce barbie comes with Kens BUSA BMX BOAT CAR and every FARKEN THING ELSE.
The divorce Barbie also comes with the 20 year old photocopy boy from the office.
I agree with Freddy, the busa is real easy to mono cos it has huge and instant power available so you don't have to scream it to 7 grand to loft the front end. I have no problem anytime above 4 grand, even with my 120 kg frame and stock bike, apart from slipons.

However, to keep it up there indefinitely it takes a real master like Balls and often much easier on a lighter and better mono-balancable bike like an R1 or VTR.

I also find that each mono is unique and has a life of its own and not each one is a total success.

The down side with monoing is that it does take a mechanical toll on your machine. After a successful afternoon of monoing I find the chain hanging almost on the ground and then I think about the sprockets, the drive line, the front end, the head stem bearings, wheel bearings and then I slowly start getting depressed... my poor busa baby .... I promise never ever to punish you like that ever again - until the next ride

Les
Ha Ha Les.....until the next ride.

Freddy (FFG) How do you rate the 43 sprocket? Worthwhile? 42 not better? and how much diff is the speedo?.

Fox, when did Mach 3 come out? have always been looking for it on the shelves but havent seen it so far. Is it as good as Mach 2? even if the punani won the consencus for that trip.

Edited by: Volvi  at: 5/23/01 6:43:31 pm
Heidi,
You should take your bike into see Ron at Balls Performance and he will make it perform so that it wont matter if you are male or female it will just come up under acceleration and you will look so good doing it in your Barbie outfit you will soon be a legend.
regards
Busa
Has to be the most fun since well ya know
so far i can get into fourth but by then the road speed is so high the fear factor starts to come in.Also had a few times where the wind has got under me and assisted in the stand something i could have done with out.busababy if ya keep the power nailed you can lower her down rather than letting the front wheel dent the black stuff smoother right hand also shall stop the chain a draggin. Mr freddie I just roll her on and up she gos takes a bit to get the shifts right but have found stability apart from the wind as speeds get high is good.Reckon we should hae a mono comp and vid session would be good, if ever we get to meet that is. Do you guys ever ride together! and what state are ya from BBB
bbb We try and get together about once a month, although foul weather somewhat marred our last attempt two months agon and no-one really got anything organised last month. Over Easter, we had a "national meet" (not as well attended as those who attended would have liked). There are occassional spontaneous rides - watch the board.

Regular posters here are from Vic, NSW, ACT, WA, Tas, and Qld. NT/SA do occassionally pipe up... Which is why riding together is not the usual topic (bit far for everyone to come together...)

Actually, all you Vics, thinking for June of getting together for a meal somewhere. What do ya reckon?
Having 170 hp on tap makes the Busa deceptively easy to stand. Having turfed my first Busa over backwards at 160kph I am a little more conservative recently. Throwing it straight into 2nd once the front is up makes the stand more controllable and if it comes up too far, a touch on the rear brake with the throttle still on gives reasonably secure control. 4th gear has eluded me. Something to do with a strange feeling between my legs and a realisation that being a mere mortal and 200+ on the back wheel don't go together with getting to work the next day.
Thanks for the advice guys - used to have a 450 Ducati that was a dream to wheelie - maybe it's just the 'block of flats' image that is holding me back with the Busa...

Don't know if Mach 3 is out here yet - but you can buy it from the Fast Bikes order line (i.e. telephone) ... and they post it ..

It's not nearly as wild as Mach 2 because the regular loonies like jimarillo are not involved.

The ZX12 clearly out acclerates the Busa but the Busa gets it back in the twisties!

The Busa gets dropped & trashed into a ditch by Frosty Bollox in a really strange way at end ... it just seems to fall over going down a hill ...

Anyhow the Fast Bikes Busa is still going strong even after all this amazing whipping and is featured in the new issue ... .

It's a testament to the bikes amazing strength ...

Fast Bikes guys love it to death (almost literally ... :))

Definitely worth watching though ...
Hey BUSABADBOY do u have a porthole thru the bike so u can see where u are going 4th GEAR man I wanna meet u so I can see that
4th gear ??? yep I would also like to see that one, when can we meet to see a demo?