Holes dont line up.....
I recently bought a ventura rack for my K1 Busa. The left hand side bracket does not line up properly with the bolt holes on the bike, consequently I'm unable to tighten the bolt properly on the side of the bike.(where the luggage tie-down is situated.)
I know Ventura will blame Suzuki, and Suzuki will say that they dont reccomend luggage systems for the busa anyway.
I also bought a "ralley bag" which is a squarish bag and not aero-dynamic like their back packs. Maybe this bag is more suited to cruiser style bikes.
Any advice will be appreciated.
G`day Michael

I had a similar problem with my Ventura rack on my K1 Busa
It seemed like the brackets did not fit but I noticed the threads on two of the bolts that came with the kit had badly cut threads (quite rounded and shallow valleys), I replaced them with two bolts I had at home and it fitted perfectly.

If the problem is still there go back to your supplier, I would say it will be a fault with the rack brackets.

Brian
Michael,

Installed my old rack on the K1 and it fits like a glove. Oh and don't use the 4 bolts supplied by Ventura to bolt it down where the grip rail goes, they are too long. Use your existing bolts off the rail.

Cheers
Les
You may find these problems there is a slight difference between the 99-2000 models and the 2001 model they have gone to a steel rear subframe so I believe they are slightly wider that's why the grab rails won't interchange either"so I've been told" its not much but enough so that it creates a bad hole alignment. If you decide to take the above advice don't forget to take the washers off or the bolts wont have much thread down in the subframe and strip out that's if you still leave the grab rail on and the the Ventura rack I would say that no one has complained to ventura yet so they dont know
K1 Busa it sounds like a cross between a BMW and a HAYABUSA
YUK. 2001 sounds better
Yes, it may be worth someone pointing out to Ventura, if it really is an issue. The rack, though, would be a slightly different issue to the grab rail as it has joints in it, and therefore "may" be possible to still get things to line up, even if the holes are further apart or closer together - emphasis on may.
Put a bit of hair around it !
i tried the 99 grab rail in the k1 and visa versa and they interchange with no problem at all, in the k1 they supply a sleeve insert to take up the hole dia difference and as i said before, the ventura rack fits spot on too....

les
Actually, I just noticed that Michael said it was the left hand side that did not line up properly - if it is one side only, that would imply a flaw in the product, would it not??