From Crate To 8 sec in 7 hours
have a look at this fellas the mighty Busa performs well

8 sec Busa Regards Bill

Busa's Rule On The RestEdited by: Xhiler8r  at: 18/8/05 11:07 pm
Just awsome

That looks like a lot a fun

Terrific item Bill.
That bike looks fast even in the crate
I would like to see Mythbusters have a go at that.

Rgds BUSGO
Quote:The basic break-in done, Stuart took a couple of quarter mile passes on the track to get a baseline e.t.. He backed up his first run of 9.90 with a strong 9.77 both with 1.6 60 foot times and at 142 mph. Pretty good with absolutely no modifications.
How can you get a std Busa to do under 10 sec
i want the nos but
Cheers Robert

".... Just when I was getting used to yesterday, "along comes today!!...."
A very talented rider.............. k

Great article.

I've got some vids of runs with turbo cars against Nos big bore Busa VS a turbo Busa. On the open road so top end is not a constraint.

Sorry turbo guys... The Big Bore Nos Busa could not be beaten.............. But I'm sure it could with enough boost on a modified motor............

From what I read I'd prefer the big bore Nos set up... But that's just me. (An old man with frail nerves and dodgy eyes )

Cheers,
0.8 sec improvement by modding airbox, exhaust, clutch, power comander, lowered, air shifter, sprocket AND NOS... sounds like a very poor result to me.

From what i hear, add the turbo to the stock bike and you will get much better performance. Im sure a turbo can be added in less than 8 hours.
Make sure you bring them to
if you are in this year
Cheers Robert

".... Just when I was getting used to yesterday, "along comes today!!...."
A seasoned racer by the name of Fabio Crystal raced a stock demo Hayabusa and ran 9.8's ,9.9's at Willowbank a few years back. I bet that clutch copped some abuse on those runs!

There is a theory that I have heard along the lines of, it takes a clutch before becoming a half decent racer.

I am yet to waste a clutch!

With most Hayabusa's capable of pulling near enough to 140MPH at the strip, high 9's are on the cards depending on the usual factors of course.

www.amaprostar.com/dynos.asp

The reality of it all, theory is one thing, doing is another!

Super Street Bike did a similiar exercise earlier minus the Nitrous but witha six inch over swingarm and that bike ran into the high 8's, but the rider was no average Joe, another seasoned racer.

Shayne

Shane,

Go racing a couple of times a week and you will see an improvement.

These guys practice a few days a week- afterall they are professonals.

Simmo, go to streetmeets every week and I'm sure your times will improve.

It depends on how bad you want it.

Leonard.
Thanks Shane.
I'm pretty happy with a 9.3 on that forum... (I wish)
700 lbs bike and rider 172 RWHP = 9.3
Well Leonard ANDRA stopped me the other week and said if I want to do another full pass I will have to get my Licence and have my Bike Inspected, so it looks like I am going to have to step up to the plate and make a go of it.

Racing a couple of times a week, that would be nice, sort of like what Football Training is here!

Yes GDY, those damn simulators trying to make us look bad!

I did a 9.8 at the drags on my bike, and it's totally stock...
"sometimes, crime does pay"
Sorry, I mis-read the post. I thought you were talking about reaction time...

(best run so far is 11.75 - first go)
Hey, i did a 10.9 on my 750 on my 4th run ever. Im sure a bus can break 10 without too much trouble.
Hey Bee, was that 750bhp?
Not bad at all. How long have you been riding for?
"sometimes, crime does pay"