Picked-up my 'busa today!!
Well I've had my third ride on a 'busa, most recent was bringing my own
back from Goulburn this arvo via Tarago, Bungendore. It had 1112 kms on the clock I was assured by the seller that 6,500 rpm was allowable max at this stage...wholly shit that is 195km/h in top!

In the interest of following Mr Suzuki's running in guide I varied the
load and revs from 2,500 thru to about 6,300 rpm...funny feeling to be
zipping along at 190 whilst running in the thing!! (at least
briefly...can't let it get too warm so back to 140, 100 etc. etc and the
60 zones provided a nice breather to let it relax in 3/4 gear every now
& then)

Great Fri entertainment gawking at the new toy in garage, I set the
preload, compression and rebound damping as per factory spec. Oh and got that single seal cowl replaced by the comfy looking pillion seat b4 the
missus gets home hopefully she doesn't notice the much shorter reach to
the pegs than the CBR11 Blackbird i tested hehe.

I found the front spring preload 4 to be slightly firm for my 73kg
skinny arse...so one softer to the standard spec of 5 to see how it goes.

Turns out Mr Suzuki says it good for 8k rpm 'til 1600kms, woohoo that's
240km/h, geared at about 30k/thou revs in 6th. I now feel the older
GSXR11 hertige in the bike, mainly the riding position is similar and
the muted note of twin Yoshi RS-3s with the baffles-in...pretty quiet so
ripped out the baffles quick smart - nice & almost legal (i think
there's some baffling further up the OEM pipes that retain a slightly
muted note)

Two words: Fcuk'n awesome.

Unfortuntely not too flattering backgrounds...just the garage for tonite's pix.

The old and the new Suzis..

Edited by: monyx at: 25/3/06 2:17 am
Hi Mark,

Nice. Edited by: Busdriver at: 25/3/06 7:12 am
oh man.. I love the weeks when I was out searching for a new busa... i'll never forget that feeling...

Suzuki are getting better every year.. there colours are still looking fresh...

You got a great colour there ... I'm jealous..

Regards
Grant

www.blingpartsaustralia.com.au

My pride and joy
Wow Mark, what a rush! On a Friday night so you got the weekend to play!

I didn't sleep much (or do any work) the first few days after I bought the Busa.

I wish you many years of safe riding, and remember to respect the beast. When you start feeling you can handle it, you start to take unecessary risks. Busgo and Franko have told me and I've never forgotten, "ride to your limits, not the bike's".

Looks brilliant!

"riding, not posting... as much"
damn nice bike mark petty it's not red/black
Rob
VERY NICE!!! Perfect choice of colours!!
Feel the force. ANGGI
Beautiful.... enjoy. Remember to get a haircut and ride around alone for a while - this is very important because your local groupies will need time to get used to another busa rider in town. During the 'groupie running in' period, try not to exceed limits beyond which your wife will become suspicious. Of course, you are a devoted and faithful husband and she has nothing to worry about - but initially, the whole groupie thing can cause confusion and resentment. This too shall pass. Remember also that your introduction to groupie worship can have totally natural effects, so dont sit too close to the tank or wear tight jeans for the first month or so. You'll find the safe and recommended groupie management limits on page 276 of the manual.

p.s. - Is that the real plate or a bit of photoshop creativity ???? The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob
awesome, very nice. keep tissues handy for your drooling and none of us will blame you. amazing too, to compare the 2 bikes how far bikes have come. and our prezzie to you is recognition, your status shud now read NSW member. Congrats on new bike. Oh I note u got the number 1 personolised plate for it too.
Its good to see new stock of members and bikes it keeps the enthusiasm within the forum.When the honeymoon wears off blinging helps keep the passion alive or riding with other busas if you can be so lucky,drags,ride days,day rides,coffee nights or overnighters bond all of us which makes it even harder to sell and have financial freedom again.I may appear new on the forum but have lurked for a few years now until the time was right to buy my own busa.When i figure photos out i,ll put my bike up.
What are you going to do with the RG 500 there I have had a

lust for one of those for a while...........is going to go up for

sale or........

Regards Richard................
Thanks for the welcome everyone

Good to hear a shiny near-new 'busa still rates 'cos I can tell ya with purchase, insurance and bit of new riding gear desperately needed to match the bike i'm on bangers'n'mash for a year at least

Number plate I wish - I'm actually in ACT...some $1500 I think for that here, Pshop play last night.

Good thing its in black since my black AGV + jacket will suffice, just got to find a good price on some draggin jeans and boots (not into full leathers)

Actually this whole week has been pretty sleepless waiting for $$ to come thru so I can go buy!

RG is sold for proceeds towards the GSX1300R...you'd have liked this one Richard - 18k kms travelled since new, plenty of compression and goes & looks like new..for a 21yo bike it don't hang around atleast 0-160km/h sort of range 94hp 155kg if I recall not bad for 1985! Edited by: monyx at: 26/3/06 3:06 pm
so monyx put you under ACT?
Yep - I reside in ACT and now so does the bike.
So monyx you coming tommorrow down the coast with us???????????????????????
Beautiful bike Mark.
All the 06 colour schemes look great. If I wasn't already a Red Black man it would be hard to choose.

Look after it and yourself and keep an eye and an ear out for clutch problems on the latest models.

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!