adjusting idle speed
Yep, give me a service manual and there is nothing I won't touch or tinker with (or stuff up!).

Been fiddling with my TPS in the eternal search to remove the 2.9k stumble I have. Using a DMM and the ubiquitous black and yellow wires, I have set my baseline voltage @ 1.16 which seems much better than 1.125v. Problem is that I am assuming that my idle speed as read by the bikes tacho is 1250 rpm. Now parallax error in reading this combined with the fact that the needle "must" have been displaced slightly when I installed the mototech tacho face leads me to wonder about the accuracy of my readings. I have another DMM that can display rpm but not for single cylinder motors (it does 4,6,8 cylinders). The busa (obviously) has coils for each plug and my idea was to fit an inline diode to each of the coil's trigger wire, join them and thus get a 4 cylinder reading.
Is there an easier way that does not involve buying either an inductive tacho or single cylinder tacho?
I know another option is to connect the rpm DMM to one coil, select 4 cylinders and divide the output by 4 but it makes my head hurt doing maths
FFG (Michael) <i></i>
I agree, there must be an easier way to read rpm... Does the ECM have a tacho output somewhere?? How does the instrument cluster get its tacho signal from.

I know that many EFI cars have a tacho signal at the diagnostic connector...

Does anyone have an electrical schematic that they can post somehow on this board?

Ardvark <i></i>