Chain wax? Need some advice
Before and after
Think I'm over Chain Wax.
I live on a dirt road, so always have about 2 km of muddy/dusty road every time I go out on a bike.
What would be the best stuff for me to use?

[Image: thumb_IMG_4073_1024.jpg]

[Image: thumb_IMG_4064_1024.jpg]
There's a thread on Perth Street Bikes raving about WD40/CRC as a chain lube. Probably need to apply more often but chains running cleaner and lasting longer. I'm guessing it's worth a try considering the amount of crap sticking to conventional lubes.
how does the WD40 or CRC effect the rubber seals? that always worries me about using a non chain lubricant
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Thinking about trialling a Scott Oiler and seeing how it goes.for you Captain how fast are you going on the dirt?? Try just idling out and in, is the road fairly hard packed or a lot of looser stuff???
Keep front wheel off of the ground over the dirt, and the dust should be behind you.....
Seriously though, I don't think it'll make any difference whether you're using oil, wax or crc....dust will stick.
Phast as phuck, is the normal.
It's pretty dusty once summer kicks in?
Could you put something in a Scott oiler that would clean and lubricate at the same time? Which ever, it's going to make a mess somewhere as it throws off. Guess i need a new house, perhaps!
Hey rob,I use crc/wd 40 to clean chain,rear wheel,swing arm etc,then i only apply a light coating of bell-Ray chain lube,if I were you mate I'd be going pretty slow down that dirt road to avoid dust ,cheers
I owe I owe,so it's off to work I go!!!

I do dirtbike riding, any dust or dirt will kill chains and sprokets in no time, especially when it all starts grinding later on the freeway at higher revs, better off not using anything, the chain has its own grease inside the rollers.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks everyone.
Wax is going in the bin, that's for sure!
Rob
Chameleon chain oiler. Best of the type that I've seen. Check out amhp.com.au

Personally, I use Silkolene synthetic chainlube.
G'day Iano,

DID ZVM-X 530.

Cheers,
Stu
G'day Cap'n
I'm a fan of scott oilers.
And it's not the pins on the chain you are trying to lube, it's the friction surfaces between the chain rollers and the sprockets. Coz as someone said, the pins/rollers are lubed and protected by o-rings.
Regards
Kevin
99 bus
15 bus

It seems that everyone has their own idea on how to oil chains.
Here's a short video that I found several months back, and whether it's completely right or not, I'm not sure, but it's how I now do my chain.
Pay attention to the video at 6 minutes onwards where it shows a product called a grease ninja, but more importantly it shows where the grease should be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H5hgVbTvhg