09 gen2 .. dies at 7000 rpm ???
Can anyone shine some light on this problem.. Gen2 dies at 7000 rpm ,in any gear ????
I had a similar issue with my K6. Mine turned out to be a clogged fuel filter.

I removed it and careful back-flushed it. Problems solved. While I had the pump assembly out I replaced the tea-bag strainer on the bottom of the pump.
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
also check to see if a fuel line has been kinked, specially if you have lifted the tank recently.

and yes they do die like you hit the kill switch.. wait some minutes for pressure to reduce and off you go again until next time.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Thanks you guy's ,,, i will try a new pump and tea-bag filter.. apart from Genuine are there any other decent pumps available. ?
Some have reported good aftermarket ones on Fleabay....very cheap too...around $65....or a Bosch one for a lot more but still less that the OEM
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
ebay is your best friend for this. I usually find low K's OEM pump/filter assemblies for about $160, mostly out of the US and Germany. I'm on my 3rd set now and have never had any issues with the ones I've bought second hand - I've been getting about 30,000k's out of them.
I have to ask, at what sort of km's do these issues begin to appear, and when everyone's mentioning blocked filters, blocked with what? Is it contaminated fuel? What type of contamination?
It seems to be very common.
Our fuel, out of the bouzer nozzle, is full of crap... thats the short story
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
I try to use stations that sell a large volume of fuel as it means the fuel is often fresher....however this may not always be the best option either if you think about it....low fuel contents in their tanks often? and new fuel delivery disturbing any crap in there too?? who knows???....maybe Suckzuki are planning on a 500 hp electric Busa in the very near future and fuel filters will be a thing of the past
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
Yes, so many variables in this fuel pump issue, have been waiting for my 08 to start giving me dramas, done 77 thousand K's and still running sweet. will go and grab a chunk of timber and touch it to keep my luck going,lol
You have been lucky Dave.
Mine died at 55,000k.
The way Im going now it will take me a long time before doing the next 55,000k.
A second bike helps !